My Top 5 Foundations

Over the next few weeks I am going to be rounding up my 'top 5' of beauty products. Today we are starting with foundations, well there may be a few BB creams or tinted moisturizers in there to. Sorry. Ok so before I start I just want to point out that these foundations will not work for everyone and they are what I love for my skin and taste. I have dry to normal skin that get a little more oily in the summer. I am also warm toned. The majority of  these foundations will work best for that skin type but in each description I will tell you exactly what skin types and tones it will work on best. I hope you enjoy and I would love to hear some of your foundation suggestion below!

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation- I have written a full review of this beautiful foundation HERE so go and give that a read if you are interested. This is my daily foundation, if it is a day where I want little more coverage that just a tinted moisturizer then I tend to always go for this. It has some great skincare benefits and has a nice glowy finish without being to dewy or wet looking. I would say this would work for dry to combination skin types. If you are extremely dry there will be no need to for powder and if you are a little oily in the t-zone then just a dusting will prevent you looking shiny. I think this foundation could have a little to much glow for oily skin. It comes in 10 shades in a variety of undertones but they seem to be mainly warm toned, I wear shade '2 Fair' and it comes in at $45.


Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35- This is a great BB cream, it has decent coverage while still feeling light and creamy. The coverage is defiantly sheer but you can build it up in areas you need more coverage. Jeeez how many times can I say coverage. I has a natural finish that I personally do not have to powder. I would say this would work for a variety of skin types from dry to oily, just bear in mind that if you are extreme either then you may need something more suited to your skin type. It comes in 9 shades all with relatively warm undertones. I wear shade 'Light'. The price is $44

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation- Can we begin by saying you can now buy this in the US, YAY! OK so this is my only drugstore foundation that has made my top 5, I am sorry but what can I say I just prefer some of my high end options. It has a great medium coverage with a nice natural finish. This is advertised of being semi-matte I couldn't disagree more if anything it has a little bit of dewyness to it. It has some great skin care benefits in it and is best for dry to normal skin. If you are oily then I hear the original Healthy Mix is good. You can only buy 4 shades through ASOS and for the majority are warm toned. I wear shade 'Vanille' and the price here in the states is $19.92.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint- This stuff is like a dream in a bottle, I have a full review of it HERE if you would like to go and have a read. Ok so this does have some major glitter in it and when I swatched it on my hand I was kinda shocked, but once it is on the face it doesn't look glittery it just looks dewy and pretty. This is defiantly for dry to normal skin types, Jouer also do a Matte Moisture Tint if you have oily skin. It comes in 9 shades with a mixture of cool, neutral, and warm tones. I wear 'Pearl' and it comes in at $40.

M.A.C Face & Body Foundation- This stuff has a really sheer coverage, that's why it's so great to use on the body. I love using this in the summer to the beach or just when I don't want to wear much makeup. It is very liquid like but dries down to a skin like finish. This is about the only one out of my foundations picks here that would work for all skin types, if you are oily just make sure you powder it. As it is from M.A.C there are ton of shades in different tones, I wear 'C1' or 'C2', and it's $27.

Have you tried any of these foundations? What do you think of them? Make sure you let me know in the comments and give me you recommendations. Love...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's great if you want something light and sheer, it's also a bonus that it looks great on the body. It's always a life saver on my legs for the first day in shorts 😘

      Delete