Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation

Charlotte Tilbury has a seriously dreamy makeup collection and today I am going to be reviewing her Light Wonder Foundation. First of all I think I just need to say how amazing the customer service is at Charlotte Tilbury. You currently can not buy Charlotte Tilbury in stores here in the US, it is only online so it can be a little tricky when it comes to deciding your shade. I contacted Charlotte Tilbury online and they sent me three shade samples to try for free. The samples arrived within days of me requesting them and they came with a very sweet handwritten note. You can request samples from either Charlotte Tilbury's website or from Beauylish.. I ended up being shade 2 and ordered mine from Beautylish as I also wanted some Kevyn Aucoin bits. Ok so onto the review.


What Charlotte Has To Say About It:
Product Information- I’ve created the holy grail of foundations… An air-light formula with wonder powers: it illuminates, smoothes, hydrates, minimizes pores and reduces wrinkles for perfect skin. When it comes to foundation, I have one simple rule: perfect coverage in a light-weight formula. Eyes can be intense, lips can be full on, but your complexion should be seamless, breathable and beautiful. It’s one of my 7 wonders for your skin!
• This innovative technology breathes a diaphanous veil of youth-enhancing tint across your complexion, evening out imperfections and moisturizing the skin. It’s like a halo effect of luminosity and color.
• A pool of youth-boosting actives helps reduce wrinkles, fight uneven skin tone and smooth over the surface for a “baby-skin effect”.
• A botanical alternative to retinol stimulates epidermal renewal by kick-starting collagen production, delaying the onset of wrinkles and creating a perfect makeup base.
• Pseudo-ceramides hydrate your skin for up to 18 hours.
• For dry, normal, combination skin types.
• Oil free.
Application Tips-
LIGHT WONDER foundation has multiple uses – perfect for women on the go. Shake well and squeeze a small amount of foundation onto the back of your hand. Apply using a foundation brush or your finger tips.
• For the day, blend it into your skin from the middle outwards, to use as a tinted moisturiser.
• For the evening, carry out the same application but pat onto areas where you need extra coverage, to achieve a flawless yet dewy finish, perfect for that late night naughty close-up!
Additional Tip:
• For supermodel skin, mix a bit of your foundation with WONDERGLOW for a gorgeous, glowing complexion.
• In the summer, you can extend the multiple uses of your foundation to your body to even out imperfections. Get dressed, then apply LIGHT WONDER to the areas that will be exposed (legs, arms, décolletage)

Ok so what do I think? Well I am going to make a big statement here and say this may be my favorite foundation I have ever tried. I know that's huge! Its glowy without being wet looking, its hydrating and full of great skin care benefits, and it just looks flawless yet so natural on my skin. It has a sheer/medium coverage that can be built to cover redness but you may need to conceal for anymore. Personally I love it that way, it means I can just cover what I need to and keep things looking fresh. Now it comes in at $45 which is a fair price I think for the high end spectrum and you also get 40ml so a little extra than a traditional foundation. I like to apply this in this layers, I fist go in with a small amount and blend with my fingers then I add more where I need the coverage with the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush or the Beauty Blender. As I have already mentioned it is a little annoying it is only available online but at least you can get samples to see if I right for you. I would say it is best for normal/dry or normal/oily skin, I don't believe it would be any good it you are super oily or super dry. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who loves a bit of glow without looking overly shiny. Next up to try I think will be Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua. Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment