My MAC Palette


I have spent the past few months building my perfect MAC Palette so today I thought I would share it with you. I personally love seeing what shades everyone picks to fill theirs so I thought this might be interesting. MAC do a ton of eye shadows, meaning you can make a palette that is totally you. The formulations of most shadows by MAC are amazing but like any brand they do have a few duffs so make sure you do your research first. In fact there are so many shades that I want I am starting another palette as we speak.  I won't be swatching my chosen shades, but there are a shed load of swatches online so just google the shade names. So starting with the top row I have Vanilla, Shroom, All That Glitters, Wedge, and Patina. Vanilla and Shroom are the two highlight shades I have in this palette, Vanilla is a satin so it's a really natural highlight while Shroom is a little more golden and shimmery making it more dramatic. All That Glitters is one of my favorite eye shadows ever, it's a pale rose gold shade that just looks simply beautiful all over the lid for an easy eye look or if you're darker it makes a great highlight. Wedge is a matte nice neutral to cool crease shade that pairs perfectly with Patina. I was never quite sure about Patina but I took the plunge and ordered it online. It turns out I love it, it'a a light brown with golden shimmer in it and almost a very slight green tinge, it looks great on my hazel eyes. On the second row we have Cork, Bronze, Swiss Chocolate, Sable, and Cranberry. Cork is a beautiful warm crease color, and one I use a lot! Bronze looks beautiful all over the lid and can make the most perfect bronze smokey eye. Swiss Chocolate is a red toned matte brown which looks great in the crease with the next shade along; Sable, is a rusty toned shimmery brown that is perfect for Autumn. Lastly in this row I have Cranberry which is pretty colorful for me, it's a cranberry color as you would expect. It has some shimmer to it and is intensely pigmented but you can wear it as as wash of color or full on all over the lid for a perfect Fall look. On the last row I have Paradisco, Texture, Haux, Star Violet and Nocturnelle. Paradisco is another hit of color in there with it being a peachy pink shade. With it being a frost it isn't as bright as it looks in the pan but it is rather a subtle peachy shade that is perfect for the summer months, I really love this shade and it certainly doesn't get enough recognition. Texture is like an beefed up version of Cork, very warm and almost a little orange. I love this all over the lid with just a lick of mascara for a really interesting eye look. Haux is a rosy brown that pairs with purple perfectly. All over the lid or in the crease it's a twist on that classic neutral. Star Violet is a stunning shade! A highly pigmented pink purple with a ton of shimmer it makes a real statement. I only got this shade recently so haven't experimented with it too much but it certainly is love at first swatch. Lastly we have Nocturnelle which is a deep purple. Although it's a frost it has great pigmentation to it and looks beautiful paired with Haux or a light champagne shade for a purple pop to the eyes.

So there you have it my pretty much perfect MAC palette. I feel like I am missing some darker shades so leave your favorites down below for me please, also any other shades you think I need in my new palette. Love...

3 comments:

  1. Like you, I always find it so intriguing to see what shades people have purchased for their MAC palettes! My taste is totally different to yours for example - aha! I prefer more bronze/coppery tones - I really can't wear pink! Patina and Sable look absolutely beautiful though! I may have to cheekily buy them to accompany my sole yet well loved Bronze :P

    Fabulous post sweetie!
    Hannah xx
    www.hannahdelacour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. nicola darita12 October 2015 at 10:08
      Thank you Hannah! I love Bronze it's such a beautiful shade. You need to try Cranberry it would look beautiful on you! Patina is a great colour as well. I'm very warm toned so never sure if purples and pinks do suit me but I like they so hey....

      Thanks for reading lovely ❤️

      Delete