Mix It Up Monday- Office/Study Tour

Hello you! How are you today? As my 'Mix It Up Monday' posts seem to be going well I am going to be continuing with them once a month, the last Monday of each month to be precise. In case you don't already know the mantra of 'Mix It Up Monday' (we need to shorten this, #MIUM?) is to talk about something non beauty related, just for a change. So today I am going to be sharing with you the room where work happens, or as normal people call it. My office. I am very lucky in the fact that we have a spare bedroom that is attached to my bedroom that doubles up as my office. Just a quick disclaimer I do not wish to show off, I just wanted to share some bits and bobs I have picked up to decorate and also I love reading these (what can I say, I'm nosy) so I hope you will enjoy this.

Ok so firstly let me explain what I do in this room. Really this is probably self explanatory but I'm going to say anyway. So if you have ever read my 'About Me' page then you will know I do not go to school I am self taught at home. I do online schooling through the American School, so all my work is done in here. My class room you may say. Also the majority of my blog post get written at this desk, unless I am lazy then they get written in bed. Oh I love my bed...
I have finally got the room to look like how I wanted it to, with a few exceptions so I am super excited to share it with you!



So the walls in the room are white and totally bare. One thing that is great about this room is the three huge windows, they let in so much light and this room is always the best to photograph products in. I began by wanting a lot of blue and white in the room but some how like it always does pink wiggled its way in. The chair came from HomeGoods and was a total bargain! My desk actually came from England from I store that I believe has now shut down. I love that it is so simple and sleek and doesn't fill the small room too much. The rug underneath the desk is from Ikea like much of this room.
In the corner behind the desk I have a small drawer unit from Ikea. This is actually one of the things I want to change, it's just a little cream colored to go with the rest of the white and cherry wood. On top of that I have some faux tulips, they actually look quite real though. I also have my blog notebook, diary, and a little tin form Ikea filled with pens and pencils. I then have a lamp which I believe is from Dansk, but I am pretty sure they have shut down too. I rarely use it as it is a little to bright and I am not normally in here once it is dark. Then next to the lamp I have my book shelf. It is either the Billy or Malm from Ikea. On the top I have my adorable bird light from Kirklands and a paper tray to hold any paperwork that needs to be sent to school. I also have a mirror hanging on the wall, I firstly have the mirror there for guests as they do use this room and secondly it really makes the room appear bigger. Again it is from Dansk. On the actual shelves I have lot's of old books I read when I was in my early teens and then my school books as well as some magazines and general knick knacks. 
Onto the bed and nightstand. They are both from our old vacation home in Portugal (fun fact- some of you may not know I am half Portuguese) I have no idea what shop they came from, all I know is that they are made from Cherry Wood. The bed is meant to be for guests but as you can see my dog loves to reside there. The throw I believe is from Debenhams in the UK, the plain blue throw pillows are from Ikea and the other two are from HomeGoods. The mat on the night stand is from good old Target and so is the photo frame. I have another one of those tins sitting there also. You may have guessed that I love peonies so I have a fresh bouquet here with some peonies and mums.

So to finish of I thought I would share some close ups of the art work and boards hanging on my walls. On the wall by the bed I have the two black and white fashion photo's. I actually got them both out of vogue but forgot to note down the photographer. The girl with the headband may have been from a Tiffany & Co advert. Then above the nightstand I have this Kate Spade print from etsy, it says 'she has a cocktail in her hand and confetti in her hair'. It is super cute and has little gold glitter polka dots. The Prada print is also from etsy and is of course inspired by Gossip Girl. I am not actually a fan of it being this small so I think it will end up being replaced. I then have my collage of favorite things behind the desk. I showed you how to make it HERE so go and check it out. Lastly, above the the drawers I have a pin note board. I like to put any business cards, invitations, or to do lists up here. I also have the cute black and white photo pinned up there, that photo was from some magazine as well. 

I hope you enjoyed having a little tour in my office and maybe it might of even given you some inspiration. I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Love... 

P.S. Make sure you have entered to win a bottle of my favorite Rosehip Oil HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment