The Most Beautiful Place on Earth: The Maldives

Long time no see! I've missed you all, but today I am back after an amazing break in the most beautiful place on earth. If you follow me on social media you may know that I have just got back from the ever so beautiful Maldives. I have taken so many wonderful snaps couldn't bear not sharing them with you all, so I thought on the blog today I'd talk you through my trip and well just share the dreamy images. Prior warning, this is packed full of images so I don't even mid if you don't read my babble, just sit back, relax and pretend you're there with me. 


 The Maldives has over a 1000 islands in total with some being totally desolate, residential, or resorts like where we stayed. With them being scattered through the Indian Ocean you fly into the main airport in the capital Male and then either travel by boat or seaplane from there. Our resort was a 40 minuet seaplane ride away and the flight in itself was an amazing experience if not a little scary. Taking off and landing on water is certainly interesting but the views you get once you are up are totally worth it. From there you can see the various atolls and the stunning turquoise hues that scatter the oceans surface.










We stayed at the wonderful Centara Resort and Spa Maldives which is set on it's own private island and our stay was just magical. From the moment we stepped back onto land we were greeted by the friendliest staff. I've stayed at a few resorts where staff can be so friendly that they get annoying or 'in your face' but this certainly wasn't the case here. The were attentive enough and very friendly without being 'pushy' and leaving you to relax on your holiday which I loved. We even got speaking to a few of the waiters at dinner and I loved hearing about where they all came from and their ideas with the Maldives being their birth home. We stayed in two beach bungalows and were very happy with our choice. The water villas are a real icon of the Maldives but as we love the beach we were over the moon with being right on it and pretty much no one else being around. September is coming to the end of the rainy season there but the weather can still be a little hit and miss, luckily we were very fortunate and only got one day of grey with the rest being uber warm and sunny. Our hotel had a stunning infinity pool but we did't use it once, simply because the ocean is so clear, warm, and  inviting. When I say pictures don't do this place justice I am not kidding, it is literally the most beautiful place I have ever been. The rooms were clean and spacious and set out over two floors with a bedroom and cloakroom upstairs and then living room and bathroom underneath with a lovely outdoor shower. It isn't exactly a 'do it all' kind of place so we spent our days in the ocean swimming, napping, or laying out in the sun and of course eating; for me it was pure paradise. 





Basically the Maldives needs to go on your bucket list right now. I know no holiday will ever compare now and I hope I can discover more islands in the future as well as returning to Centara. Yes it's a bloomin' long way to go from London, but it was so worth it. My real trip of a lifetime. Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment