The Best Binge Worthy TV Shows

Top-ASOS| Jeans-Topshop| Lipstick- Matte Coral Pop| Throw-Nicole Miller Home| Cushions-Minted

TV is ma thang. I have never really been a huge movie girls, I mean I like a chick-flick now and again but TV is certainly my most watched on Netflix. I have watched a ton of shows on Netflix itself and other streaming services, so I thought I would share my top 15! I won't go into to much detail as I don't want to spoil things for you, but basically grab your laptop stick on one of these shows and get bingeing.

Homeland- Is my absolute favourite show ever. It is dramatic, realistic, and totally binge worthy! The show focuses on Carrie who works for the CIA and deals with some mental health issues. The first three seasons are based on a prisoner of war who returns to the US and has been 'turned' but from there on the fell of the shows changes for the better in my opinion. Available on Netflix

The Good Wife- Follows the wife of a shamed politician as she tries to get back on her feet and back into her old profession of Law. From her marriage to her job we follow her life and the ups and downs after an affair and a fall in society. There is certainly some courtroom drama here. Available on Netflix

The Affair- Another of my favourite shows follows the out come of an affair and all the consequences it holds. From murder to money this show pretty much covers it all. What I kind of love about it is that in part you end up routing for the couple who had the affair from their respective spouses, which you wouldn't expect too. Available on Sky and to buy per season on Amazon and itunes.

Suits- This is another courtroom drama but with a bit of a younger feel compared to The Good Wife. It follows mike who ends up working for a top New York law firm illegally, as he isn't actually a qualified lawyer. The fashion in this is also top notch and Jessica along with Rachel have killer wardrobes. Available on Netflix

Downton Abbey- If you love a good period drama then this is the king of them. It still shocks me how many people tell me that they haven't seen this! It follows the life of the Crawley's and their downstairs staff in the early 20th century, through love, war, peace, and financial hardship. Available on Amazon Prime

Covert Affairs- In a way I like to think of this as a lighter less emotionally heavy version of Homeland. Annie is a kickass spy who travels the globe catching the bad guys undercover. Along the way she has may love interests but her character never looses her female lead which I love. Available on Netflix

Gossip Girl- An oldie but a goodie and certainly a classic. If you want something slightly cheesy, easy to watch, and with glitz and glamour then this is the show for you. In case you don't know the rough plot follows a bunch of rich privileged high schoolers and the gossip site who writes about their lives. XOXO Gossip Girl.  Available on Netflix

Pretty Little Liars- I am pretty new to this one and only on season 3 but I am already obsessed! It follows four friends who's friend went missing a year earlier and now they are being tormented by a mysterious 'A' for their secrets. Available on Netflix

Revenge- This is an old favourite of mine and I still love to watch it now and again. Emily's farther was framed for a crime he didn't commit by the powerful family next door. Back in the Hamptons years later she is out for revenge no matter the consequences. Available on Netflix

House of Cards- I love Robin Wright and her role of Claire in the show is one of my favourite characters ever. It follows their rise (Frank her husband, the main character) in the political chain and they are one power couple that will let nothing get in the way. I love watching mainly to just see DC, especially these days as I miss it. Available on Netflix

Reign- My inner history nerd loves this show and I think you will to. Someone once said to me it is a PG version of GoT and I totally agree except this is based on real historical characters and in a real place, even if not at all accurate. The tale follows Mary Queen of Scots and her life from French court through to her moving back to Scotland and death (well we haven't go there yet but I can hope). Available on Netflix

Tudors- This is similar to Reign but set about 30 years before hand and in England instead of France.  If you love history like me then it is certainly one to watch and well it has Henry Cavil in it so who could say no? In short it follows Henry VIII and his six wives, but don't think boring think more sexy. Available on Netflix

Line of Duty- For me this was a slow burner and it took me a while to get into it but once I did I couldn't stop watching. It follows a police corruption team and the police officers they are trying to convict. The tales are gritty drama that is tantalizing to watch. Available on Netflix

Spooks- Another oldie that I remember my parents watching when I was a child and that I now love to watch. The whole (ten I think) series are on Netflix and it is gripping. It follows a team from MI-5 as they bring down threats to the UK. Oh and Adam, well he's just dreamy. Available on Netflix

Strike Back- Is similar to Spooks and even has some of the same actors but this time the storyline follows a team of Military Intelligence officers who crack down on terrorism across the globe. It is high action which I am usually not into but it is also totally gripping and there are still hint of romance that I love. Available on Amazon Prime

So what do you love to binge watch? Let me know in the comments as I need a new show after PLL. Love...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I loved your suggestions!
    I just started watching Blidspot and it looks promising, some of my favourites are Teen Wolf, The Fosters, Quantico, Devious Maids,...

    xx Sofia | www.theglamchapter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I loved Blindspot! Thanks for reading xo

      Delete