L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation

Cushion foundations have become all the rage over the past few years with numerous beauty brands jumping on the Korean trend. I have never been quite sure of them myself, I love the fact that they are handbagged size, easy to travel with and very unique but then I certainly think they have their down falls too. The first one to hit the mainstream drugstore shelves is the new L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation, which I must say I have become quite a fan of. Before I go into the product itself, I thought I would discuss what really is a cushion foundation and give you my thoughts on them as a whole. So the unique concept started in Korea as I mentioned above and over the past few years it has seem to have spread through the western market. Basically a 'cushion foundation' generally comes in a small compact like a powder but in layman's terms it is just a cushion soaked in the brands specific foundation formula, generally it is light, sheer, and natural looking. I love that you can get the perfect amount of product from the cushion but again it does have its drawbacks. For instance I can't help but feel that soggy sponge is a paradise ground for bacteria, so if you are bacterial breakout prone, be warned. The great thing with the L'Oreal option is that it is not to unfriendly on the purse strings so you can afford to toss it after a few months like you would a mascara. So onto the cushion in question. I really like the formula of this one in particular, in fact I think it may be one of my top cushion foundations I have tried. It has a light airy finish on the skin with buildable coverage from anywhere sheer to medium. It has a natural to dewy finish but isn't overly shiny which means even you oily gals will like this with a bit of powder. I like to apply it with either a beautyblender or some form of foundation buffing brush and both work equally as well. I tend to just give it a dip, or 'tap, tap, tap, tap' as L'Oreal say, into the compact and the go straight onto the face. All in all I honestly really love it and I know I will continue to use it no matter the season, from summer through to winter..... Oh that's the other thing; the shade range is pretty good if you are fair but the darker shades seem to be lacking, sort it out L'Oreal! The formula also offers SPF 25 giving you some light protection from the sun. Win. The last thing I should probably mention is that obviously compared to a traditional foundation it just isn't going to last you as long and things will begin to dry up, for me this is the only big issue but with the more affordable price you can get over it.

Have you tried a cushion foundation? What were your thoughts, let me know in the comments. Love...


P.S I do apologise if this post seems a little rambled, if you follow my Instagram Stories (If not why not? Haha, you can at nicola_darita) then you may have seen my misery when I wrote this the first time and it magically disappeared! Let's just say the rewrite was exhausting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment