Highlighter on Fleek

We all know the saying and I think it's fair to say we all have a place in our makeup hearts for highlighter. As I love it so much I have collected a fair few pans of the stuff over the years but recently I had a bit of a declutter and the stash has been halved. What better time to share my favourites I ask, well today we are doing just that. So grab a cool drink (what is this crazy hot weather we are having all about?) and let's get our glow on.


MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle- This is the OG of highlighters, the big guy, the original, the one that started it all; well for me anyway. Way before highlighters became mainstream I was using this bad boy to strobe out the face, aka putting it bloody everywhere. The warm champagne tone looks wonderful on all skin types and while the formula may not be the creamiest, it sure is pigmented.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone- Forget Champagne Pop this light warm glow is my favourite highlighter for that intense sheen, but can also be used with a light hand for a natural look. The formula on this one is a lot creamier and intensely pigmented, it is also a great one for really pale complexions like my own. Becca just does highlight right.

Colourpop Highlighters in Lunch Money & Wisp- Coloupop now ships internationally! Everybody with me... YAY! Colourpop Cosmetics rock and their highlighters have to be my favourite product of theirs. Their texture is creamy and light, halfway between a cream and powder but without the chalky-ness; these are pure smoothness. Lunch Money is very similar to Becca Moonstone but a fraction of the price and then Wisp is a light bronze shade that works perfectly on tanned or darker skin tones or if you love a bronzer highlight hybrid.

Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Incandescent Strobe Light- So this little guy has a long ass name, but he is rather beautiful nonetheless. It is cooler in tone compared to the others and is a little more icy pink. It is the least shimmery of the bunch and therefor the most natural but I would say day to day it is my most worn. The powder is so finely milled it just looks so seamless on the skin.

Laura Geller Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey- If you have darker skin and you love a warm toned highlight then you need Gilded Honey. The gold highlighter looks amazing on the skin and I love it for a holiday glow when away. Certainly not the most subtle on paler skins but I can imagine it will looks amazing if you are dark.

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01- This last one is a little different as it is classed as matte, I am not sure you can call it that but it is certainly more natural looking than the others. Again like the Hourglass one it is cooler in tone and more pink which I really like for spring and summer. This is another one of my most used as well so I guess that says something.

What gets your glow on? Love...



2 comments:

  1. Wow these highlighters are gorgeous!
    Loving your posts! x

    Sofia | theglamchapter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete