Clinique Chubby Sticks


Recently I have been all about Clinique, their blushes, lip products, skincare and especially their Chubby Stick range. Some how to me everything thing is so much cuter or 'cooler' in either miniature size or an unusual form. The product being in a sleek stick for does have it pros and cons but personally I love it. So let's start with my first love, the moisturizing lip colour balm. I first purchased one of these yonks back, we're talking three maybe four years. Woppin' Watermelon has always been my go to 'I can't be bothered' lip colour, its has the perfect tint of pink and adds a nice amount of hydration while feeling like your just wearing a soft balm. Recently I have also picked up Pudgy Peony, I won't go on about my love for peonies as you probably already know (it's in the blog title duh!) but this colour is the perfect brighter pink that has just the right amount of pigment for a bold lip that is super easy to wear. After triumphs in the lip department I thought I would give the Chubby Sticks for eyes a go, I actually only have one and that's Bountiful Beige. I swatched this colour and fell in love, it is the perfect champagne gold combination. I do have one issue though, for a high pigmented look you need quite a few layers on the eye (this may be different with darker colours). If you want a subtle shimmer with a bit of colour then this shade is perfect, I like to wear it on natural makeup days and I know my mum loves wearing this colour. If you are a regular reader here at Perfect Peonies (if you are then thank you very much) then you will know I am all about the glow and anything highlighter-y or glow-y has to be mine. Hefty Highlight is their Chubby Stick in the highlight and contour duo, I personally think the colour of the contour is to warm but what do you think of using it as a cream bronzer? Let me know in the comments. Anyway back to the highlight, it's the most beautiful pink-y champagne. It does have a little shimmer to it but I personally like that, the formula is creamy and it blends like a dream on the top of the cheek bones. Swipe, blend out and you look like a glowing goddess. This is also a great highlighter option if you want something more subtle or daytime appropriate. This post couldn't end without mentioning the 'cheek colour balm' or as us commoners like to call it, the cream blushes. Cream blush in a stick form is just the best, I hate sticking my fingers or a brush in a pot and ending up with fluff, dog hair, (dog owners you will totally get this!) and god knows what else stuck in there. The stick is totally convenient and easy to apply, just place a few dabs on your cheeks and blend with fingers or a duo fiber brush. The colour Robust Rhubarb is just too pretty, a coral/peach is perfect for the summer months and I already know this is going to be my go to blush all summer long.

Have you tried any of Clinique's Chubby Stick Range? Let me know in the comments. Love...


4 comments:

  1. Love chubby sticks. My lovely sister had 2 which she gifted me. I brought a 'copy cat' recently too, I think its was Rimmel, and it was actually even more hydrating than Clinique.

    Robust Rhubarb sounds good enough to eat!

    www.beaucience.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun. I have never seen the Rimmel ones before, I will have to check them out!

      Delete
  2. I love the Clinique Chubby Sticks, so good and so reasonably priced for a department store brand :-) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know compared to a lot of other 'high end' brands they can be super affordable and just as good quality. I seem to be snapping up everything by them lately.

      Delete