Spring Beauty Edit

It's well and truly Spring time which means nice weather (hopefully) and the approach of Summer. I have done a few Spring posts already but couldn't help compiling a few little items that are favorites for spring. As the weather gets warmer I like to go lighter on the makeup front and especially my base. For this the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation has been perfect. It is a pretty new foundation to me but I love the light dewy finish with its sheer to medium coverage. Of course underneath that you need a good dose of SPF as the sun gets stronger, and I have been using the Clarins Sunscreen Multi-Protection UV Plus SPF 50. It has UVA and UVB protect with SPF 50 making it ultra protecting for the face and it's made up of mainly a mineral SPF (physical) with a few other chemical SPF's to stop it being so heavy on the skin, which I personally really like. I am all about liquid and cream products during Spring and Summer and the Stila Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush in Shimmering Lotus is the perfect peachy shade with a just a little shimmer, to look oh so natural on the cheeks. For the eyes I like to keep things very simple like the rest of my makeup, and go for mainly mate shades for just a little definition. The It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol.2 Palette is packed full of stunning matte colours and I particularly love the shades desire and romance for a spring eye look. On the lips I think pink is the only way to go when it comes to spring and I tend to ditch the matte lips in favor for something more glossy like the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine's in the shades #8 a pale pretty everyday pink and #50 a bright fuchsia that makes a great bold lip. With the up and down weather spring brings my skin tends to end up feeling a little tight and dry so I love to use some sort of hydrating facial mist. I have had my eye on the Farmacy Skin Dew Hydrating Essence for a while and finally got my hands on some. It has a very fine mist that doesn't disrupt makeup but still gives you that hydrating and cooling feel. Lastly a new fragrance always appears on my vanity for spring. Something lighter and generally more floral is my ideal. I have a few favorites right now but Maison Francis Furkdjian A La Rose has pipped all the others to the post. The light scent is beautifully rosy without being to heavy or heady and really does just smell like spring; think blooming flowers, cut grass, and fresh fruits. Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment