The Best Highend Lipstick Formulas

I love lipstick, and when I say I love it I really mean I have a problem. I most certainly own at least ten shades of nude that are all practically the same and I just can't help myself from buying more. I particularly love my luxury lipsticks and today I though I would share with you some of my favorite highend formulas. If you would like me to do the same with drugstore lipsticks then do let me know as I have some firm favorites there too.

Tom Ford Lip Color's- The original Tom Ford Lip Color lipstick formula is amazing. It is creamy and light on the lips but still lasts a bloody long time. My favorite shades are Spanish Pink and Pink Dusk, both are pink toned nudes of course. The formula is moisturizing on the lips with out being slippy or shiny meaning it has the perfect satin finish. I don't own two many of these (although I have a fair few in the lips and boys size) because of their price but I do like to treat myself to one now and again.

Tom Ford Lip Color Matte- I actually only have one shade in this formula; First Time but it is most certainly one of my favorite matte lipsticks out there. The texture is very similar to the original Lip Color's but instead it has the matte finish. There isn't to many shades in the range though so I do hope they extend them soon.

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks- These are about the only other matte lipsticks I love. The texture is creamy and full of pigment, and most importantly non drying. Very Victoria is a favorite of mine and a lipstick I wear at least once a week, it is a brown nude that just goes perfectly with every makeup look. They also have some lovely berry shades in the form of Love Liberty and Bond Girl. I have a full review on the lipsticks HERE.

Burberry Kisses Lipsticks- These lipsticks have a lovely buttery texture and are more on the sheer side compared to others here. They still have a nice amount of pigment but also a little more shine. I love them and they are some of the easiest lipsticks to wear. English Rose is the perfect my lips but better shade and Nude Pink is my go to nude for evenings.

Laura Mercier Lip Parfaits- The Lip Parfaits by Laura Mercier are almost a lipstick lipgloss hybrid. They have the creamy texture and pigment of a lipstick but a shine finish like a gloss. I have countless shades in these and they are my go to lip colours when I just don't know what to stick on. The formula is moisturizing and glossy but amazingly it doesn't slip or slide yet doesn't feel sticky either.

YSL Rouge Volupte's- The Rouge Volupte's come in a few different formulas and I love them all. The originals have the most pigment to them and the least shine, although they are still creamy and balmy; #15 is a beautiful orange for summer. The Rouge Volupte Shines are the glossiest of them all and offer just a sheer was of colour, I have #8 and #9 in this formula and they are both perfect everyday shades. Lastly you have the new formula to the line the Oil In Sticks which are my favorite out of the three. It has a creamy finish with great pigment and shine. #44 is the most beautiful nude pink.

Ok, I officially can't say 'formula' anymore. Make sure you let me know your favorite lipsticks in the comments. Love...

1 comment: