NARS Summer Under Cover 2016

NARS's latest colour collection is about to drop so I thought today I would share a few of the details with you along with my opinion on the collection. The collection includes four new Dual Intensity Eyeshadows, two new Dual Intensity Blushes and their brand new product, Lip Covers. The limited edition packaging is one of my favorite parts about this collection. It is inspired by the glamour of the French Rivera and the boxes are beautifully illustrated by Konstantin Kakanias. So before we get on to the very exciting new release lets have a chat about the new shades of the Dual Intensity products. First up you have the eyeshadows, I already love the formula of the Dual Intensity shadows so I new I would like these especially in the stunning colors of this range. I have Topless which is a beautiful pink highlight shade and then Deep End which is a bright teal blue. Of course they have amazing pigmentation and can be used wet or dry. The two blushes are very similar in tone with Liberation being just slightly darker than the one I have; Sexual Content. Again I love the Dual Intensity blushes as they can be used wet or dry and you get two shades for the price of one. Sexual Content is a beautiful shade that is perfect for the summer months with the terracotta nude shade giving the skin a great sun kissed look and the pale raspberry pink being lovely and poppy on the cheeks. So now finally on to the really exciting new Lip Covers they have released. The Lip Covers are described by NARS as 'creamy lip glosses with incredible saturation on the lips' I myself would describe them more of a liquid lipstick. The have a satin like finish but when blotted or left to set for ten or so minuets it turns into a creamy matte look. I personally like to blot them to turn them into the perfect matte finish and then they lock in place all day. There are four shades at the moment but I do hope these are permanent and they release more shades. I have Members Only which is a classic crimson red that will only be available at NARS boutiques and NARS online. I also have Overheated a cool toned brown nude that is so on trend right now and then Do Not Disturb which is the most beautiful orange red. All in all I love the formula and the fact that they can be matte on the lips, last all day, but not dry them out at all. The collection will be available from May 1st at Selfridges and nationwide June 1st and it has me dreaming of summer, the South of France and just sun in general. Oh well it's raining right now but maybe soon. *Update, the collection seems to be online for sale HERE. Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment