Winter Skin Essentials

Winter can wreak havoc on your skin and I have a few essentials that get me by, so I thought I would share them with you today. I think pretty much everyone's skin gets dry to some extent so hydration really is the key. I know the first things to go on me is my lips, they get dry and chapped and the thought of a matte lipstick just makes me shiver. Finding a good lip balm that really does its job can be a tricky one, but I like to think I have found some of the best; considering I have tested literally hundreds. Of course the blogger favorite Nuxe Reve Miel balm is a wonderful one especially if your lips are really dry. For a cheaper and more natural alternative I love Hurraw's totally vegan coconut lip balm, lastly if you want a balm that will sit well under lipstick then I haven't found better than this one from Caudalie. Before we go onto the face lets just cover the body; I hate moisturizing my body with a passion but in the winter it really is necessary and I have been loving the deep hydration of the Beauty Rx Hydrating Body Lotion. It feels lightweight on the skin and soaks in quickly while adding that much needed dose of hydration. Using an oil for the body can also feel very luxurious and I love the Caudalie Divine Oil. In the shower L'Occitane's Almond Body Cleansing Oil is also a real treat. For the face I also love using oils and I have a whole post on that HERE if you want to read more, of course moisture in any form is what you need so I like to start with a good toner thats going to add some glow to dull winter skin. The Queen of Hungary Mist from Omorovicza spritzes some lovely moisture and glow onto the skin while helping your other products on top work to their full potential. A good moisturizer is also a priority in my book and I have a fare few favorites including Murad's Hydro Dynamic, Caudalie's Vino Source, and M-61 Hydroboost Moisturizer. At the end of the day my skin usually feels yucky and like it's in need of some serious water, to retain moisture but still cleanse my skin I love using a balm cleanser and Emma Hardy's is my personal favorite. Lastly you can't have a winter skin routine without some hydrating masks in the mix, two I love are the Origins Over Night Mask and the GlamGlow Thirstymud Mask. The Origins is a little heavier so perfect for nighttime but if you want a quick fix then the GlamGlow is perfect, plus it smells like coconuts which makes me dream of the summer months. What products do you add into your winter skin routine? Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment