To Prime Or Not To Prime?

Priming has become quite the controversial thing over the past few years; Should you prime? Do you need to? Can it be bad for your skin? Quite frankly I think it's down to personal preference and personally priming is a step I can take or leave. I am not one of those unlucky people that get an horrendously oily t-zone or that my face eats up makeup, so primer has never been a necessity for me. Don't get me wrong it does prolong the longevity of my makeup but I just don't use it everyday. I have nothing against primers and actually do love a good ol' hydrating one. If my skin is feeling especially dry then I love using something like the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer, it feels light on the skin and not silicone-y at all (which I can't stand by the way). All of Laura Mercier's primers are really lovely and they have a good selection, all for different skin types and concerns so you're bound to find one to suit. Another hydrating pick that I have been really liking is the Lune and Aster Hydralift Primer, it plumps the skin while adding a nice creamy dose of hydration making it perfect for these winter months; plus it is like skincare and makeup in one. If makeup longevity is what I am looking for then a spray like Skindinavia's is perfect. As I already said I am not a fan of thick silicone like primes, so something like a light spray works really well for me. I also get rather dull skin so anything illuminating is right up my street, of course you have the ever so iconic MAC Strobe Cream which is not only seriously glow-y but also very hydrating. Tom Ford's Complexion Enhancing Primer in Peach Glow cancels out any sallowness and really lifts the face. Eve Lom also do a really nice Radiance Primer that combines skincare and the ideal makeup base in one. Really I think even a good dose of an emollient cream or moisturizer makes a lovely base. Lastly I do have a longtime favorite in the primer department and thats Stila's One Step Correct. It evens out redness, brightens the complexion, seriously hydrates, and adds that boost of longevity to your makeup. So thats face primers covered, don't even get me started on shadow primers, maybe we will go there for another post. Primer will always continue to be a love or hate thing I think but it's all about finding the right one for you I think. Where do you stand on the matter? Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment