My Favorite Lip Products For Summer

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend, the weather has been a bit rubbish here and I got sick on Sunday but it was still a fun weekend. As summer is now here I thought I would share with you today my favorite lipsticks and glosses for summer, I did this back in spring and you can read that HERE if you would like. Unlike in spring when it comes to lip colors I like to go bold come summer. Bright pinks, reds, and oranges! I like a mix of matte and gloss depending on how long I want things to last and the occasion. 

Maybelline Color Sensational in Vibrant Mandarin- I am so in love with this color! It is my perfect go to summer red, this always comes on my summer vacation with me. It is the most creamy red orange that doesn't tip to much either way. It has a satin finish that can slip about a bit so if you're wanting to wear this all day without touch up's then a good liner might be necessary. If you're searching for that perfect orange red but don't want to spend a fortune then this is the one for you. I am headed off to Mexico next month and I am certain this will be on my packing list. 

Colourpop Cosmetics Lippie Stix in Heart On- Another bright color! I love this color it's sensational, along with all of the other Colourpop Lippie Stix. It quite unique being a mix of magenta pink and purple but at the same time not so purple that's it too 'out there'. The formula is matte and last nicely on the lips especially if I layer it with the matching liner. If I want something bold but not red then this is that. 

Clinique Chubby Stick in Pudgy Peony- If I want something that's still fun and bright but a little less high maintenance then a Clinque Chubby Stick is always my best bet. I have written a whole post on the Chubby Stick line HERE if you would like to read. Pudgy Peony is a really nice hot pink that's sheer and moisturizing, you can slap it on the lips quickly so it looks like you tried when you really didn't. 

M.A.C Sunny Seoul Lipstick- If you want a warm toned coral pink lipstick then you need this! I can't always get away with wearing it as it washes me out a bit when I'm pale but once I begin to tan a little (mainly faux) it looks really pretty on the lips. It's a cremesheen formula so sits nicely and adds a nice amount of moisture. 

Marc Jacobs High-Shine Lip Laquer in Pink Flamingo- I have written a post about this HERE if you would like to read about it more in depth, but it's safe to say this could possibly be the prettiest gloss ever. It is expensive but it's non sticky, a gorgeous shade of pink and last well on the lips for a gloss.

Let me know your favorite lip products for summer in the comments, I can't wait to read your recommendations. Love...    

4 comments:

  1. i knew i should have picked up heart on when i was making my order a couple weeks back! it was in my cart, but i switched it out for punky. it's gorgeous. also love the maybelline vivids!

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, that just means you will have to make another order ;)! What do you think of punky? It was a shade I was contemplating too!

      Delete
  2. Great selections!
    I absolutely love the last release of Charlotte Tilbury 1975 lipstick and i just order Mac All fired up how looks perfect for summer with a tan .

    Alexandra xx
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been meaning to try some Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks for a while. You will have to let me know your thoughts!

      Delete