A Beach Makeup Look

Beach season is officially here so for today's post I am going to be sharing with you my 'beach makeup'. This post is in collaboration with the lovely Corinne from 'Necessary Nothings' and she is going to be showing us her go to 'beach makeup' look also. Can I just start by saying that I am so excited about this as 'Necessary Nothings' could quite possibly be my favorite blog ever! Her posts are full of what you want to know and I always aspire to have photographs that look as good as Corinne's! I will link to her blog and Instagram at the bottom of this post so make sure you go and check both out and give her a follow; especially her Instagram she has some dreamy Italian photos.

When it comes to normal vacation beach days I don't tend to wear much on my face other than an SPF and maybe a little concealer but if I am headed to the beach for lunch or it's more of a 'day' thing then I do like to put some makeup on. These products create a really simple look that wearable just about anywhere and keeps fresh even in hot weather. This look isn't just perfect for the beach either, it would work for a pool party, a day exploring the city, or for just a simple Sunday.

Ok, so if I have applied an SPF already I will go in a just conceal where I need a little coverage. A liquid-y concealer is best for this and something that is budge proof is even better, I love the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Flawless Concealer, It literally doesn't move all day. If you do want a base with coverage and SPF all in one then treat yourself to the Chanel CC Cream with SPF 50, It lasts really well on the skin and has a decent amount of coverage. It isn't overly glow-y either so you don't have to worry about becoming too oily. For cheeks I always think cream products look most natural, dab and blend a little of the Clinique Chubby Stick for Cheeks in Robust Rhubarb on the apples of you cheeks for a natural flush. For summer I think looking bronzed is always good, this La Riviera Sun Matte Bronzer by Vincent Longo* is my new favorite. The shade Sun-Kissed is warm but not orange and is matte so looks super natural and not 'sparkly'.  For the eyes I think a touch of mascara is all that you need, just make sure it's waterproof so you don't look like a panda coming out of the sea. The drugstore do a ton of great mascaras but my personal favorite is the L'Oreal Voluminous Butter Fly Mascara. I also like to keep the lips hydrated with a little balm. I really need to get one with SPF so any recommendations would be appreciated but until then I love this Vita Mineral Lip Balm by REN*. It is hydrating and has a little sheen to it, and I love that it comes in a tube not a pot so you don't have to dip any sandy fingers in, also its not going to melt in the heat like a stick balm. To finish off I like to give everything a quick spritz with a setting spray, this ensures that your makeup really will stay put. If you have oily skin go for something mattifying but if like me that's not an issue, use something like Urban Decay's All Nighter for some serious long lasting power!    

Make sure you go and see Corinne's beach makeup and give her follow on Instagram! 
Corinne's blog: http://www.necessarynothings.com/
Corinne's Instagram: https://instagram.com/necessarynothings/

Love...

4 comments:

  1. Great product choices! :)

    http://lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Clinique chubby stick :) I also love REN products :) They have such great ingredients. Good makeup choices <3
    www.GlossyFinds.com

    ReplyDelete