The Makeup Bag- Summer Edition

So I thought I would bring a new feature to the blog and I have decided that every season I am going to be rounding up my 'makeup bag', basically I am going to be sharing what I have been wearing on my face most days. From my base to mascara I am going to tell you what is my perfect seasonal makeup.

For summer I like to keep my base light and with a high SPF to make things easy, currently the Chanel CC Cream with SPF 50 has been my go to. I have written a full review HERE if you would like to see it but needless to say it feels light, has a glow without making me look greasy, and provides the perfect sun protection.
While the weather is hot I also like to keep my concealer pretty light and fresh, the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch has little coverage but is great at brightening those dark circles. I think in hot humid weather it essential for everyone and anyone to set their makeup with a light powder, a nice affordable one is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. For bronzer and highlight Colourpop Cosmetics has been my go to, the highlighter in Lunch Money is a beautiful pale gold, champagne color and the bronzer in Skinny Dip is nice and matte so you don't end up looking to shimmery, the color is nice and warm and not to dark for pale skin. For blush the natural peachy, coral color of Clinque's Melon Pop has been a favorite of mine, it is a little sheerer than most blushes which I like for summer as I tend to blush naturally in the heat a little anyway. For the eyes I have been all about MAC recently, either All That Glitters on the lid and Cork in the crease or Patina all by it's self, and of course Vanilla as my highlight shade. (In the quad top to bottom clockwise, Vanilla, All That Glitter, Cork, Patina). For the lashes I have been obsessed with this sample of the Guerlain Maxi Lash mascara, it adds tons of volume and a is totally smudge proof; I will picking a full size up next time I'm in a Sephora. Now onto the lips I have been using one of two and both are pretty neutral, either MAC Syrup lipstick which is a dusty rose/plum color or I have been wearing my new favorite gloss, Marc Jacobs Pink Flamingo; it is a really nice pinky-nude, read my full post on it HERE. Lastly when it's really hot and humid and I need my makeup to stay all day I have been using the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, it locks everything down and nothing budges for hours.

So I have my summer makeup down, it's now just time to get used to this humid weather. Yuck.

Make sure you let me know your summer favorites in the comments below, Love...

3 comments:

  1. We've been seeing these new Color Pop products and they seem to be wonderful. Love the pigmentation of them and how cheap they are! Also, you can't go wrong with a lil Mac and Urban Decay. xo
    http://www.glossyfinds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, they are great value for money!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the great ideas! I was sitting at my computer today and could not for the life of me think of something to write about. This was really helpful. Thanks again!




    Hair Building Fiber
    Sandhi Sudha
    Step Up Height Increaser

    ReplyDelete