Falling Back in Love with Foundation

I have quite the foundation stash, what can I say it's my weakness and I am forever on the hunt for that 'perfect' base. Over the summer months I kinda fell out of love with my foundation drawer and found myself only reaching for the CC cream, but now the weather has cooled down and winter is certainly on the way I have been dipping back in. I have returned to some old favourites and have remembered how much I loved them. That's the thing with me and foundation; I am always on the hunt for something better that I actually forget about the little gems in my collection. So today I thought I would share some old favourites that have become like new.




Chanel Vitalumier Aqua- This isn't a particularly old favourite, in fact I only bought it around six months ago but over summer the shade B10 was just a little to light for me. Now that I am no longer fake tanning and a little on the paler side I have fallen back in love with this lightweight formula. When applied it just feels like water on the skin and the foundation leaves a sheer to medium coverage with a beautifully natural finish. It's the perfect everyday foundation that's not too heavy in the coverage department, but at the same time still evens the skin tone and lasts all day. 

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation- An oldie but a goodie, the newish formula that was released around a year ago now has slowly become one of my favourites. The finish looks just like skin and although the coverage is less than it used to be the foundation looks more real on the skin than ever. In whatever light it just looks flawlessly great and perfect for any special occasions or photographs.

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation-This is an old favourite of mine and probably the BEST luxury foundation out there in my opinion. Recently it has sat in the back of my foundation pot and I just haven't been picking it up. After my clear out I vowed to bring this back and as soon as I applied it I knew that it was the best thing since sliced bread. Glowy, dewy, and just looks like skin in the best possible way! 

Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation- This wasn't released to long ago and when it first came out I loved it. Over spring my skin got a little dryer and didn't sit so well with the satin finish this has so by default it went to the back of the pile. My skin has gotten back to behaving and I'm back in love with this stuff. It has a semi matte natural finish but somehow manages to have an inner glow to it. It's been my go to recently and pretty much all I have been using.

So with that said let's hope I don't forget my other foundation loves again. What's you're favourite base? Love... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment