Sculpting, Highlighting, & Bronzing

Ahh, the magic of a good, not to heavy, natural contour. I personally have a face shaped like a football (English not American, that would be strange...) so need to define those cheek bones a little. Have I also mention in the past that I am a huge sucker for a highlight? Oh just thinking about champagne highlighter-y goodness is making me tingle! Also let's not forget about some nice warmth to the face, you cant beat a bit of bronzer for a warm healthy definition. So today I am going to be sharing my top highlighter, bronzer, and contour picks with you.

Contour- Ok so there is only really one contour pick, were talking the mighty well known Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium. A beautiful taupe-y shade that can be super natural or built up to give real definition. I find it's not too grey or too warm and is the best shade for my pale skin out of all the contours I have tried. For applying I love using the Zoeva 105 Luxe Highlight, it small enough to fit perfectly in the hollows of my cheeks. I have written a full review HERE so go and have a read!
I am currently in the process of trying a few new contour products so will let you know how I get on with them, do you guys have any recommendations? Leave them in the comments for me. I am thinking the Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette?

Highlight- Probably my favorite step in my makeup routine, I love adding that bit of glow to the high points of my face. It can take you from Ugly Betty to Victoria Secret model (if only it gave you the body too) in a few sweeps of a brush. I have many I love for this but here are a few of my favorites. Now you can go down the highlight 'base' route and use something like MAC's Strobe Cream (not shown in photo) on the cheekbones before foundation or you can go more conventional with a powder. My absolute favorite is MAC's MSF in Soft & Gentle, it is buttery, smooth, and the perfect light champagne color. Then my recommendation if your on a budget would be Colourpop Cosmetics Highlighters, my two current go to's are Wisp a golden highlight, and Stole The Show a light silvery pearl. For the Strobe Cream I use my fingers to apply, Soft & Gentle applies perfectly with the Zoeva 105 Luxe Highlight Brush and the Colourpop offerings blend beautifully with fingers.

Bronzing- There is nothing like a summer glow to add some depth to you face and the perfect bronzer can give you one all year round. Whether shimmer or matte they add a sense of sun kissed glow to anyone. Want to skip the highlighter then go for a baked bronzer like this Milani one in 04 Glow, it will add the warmth while adding that touch of glow (as the name would suggest). Feel like you need to sculpt a little but contouring baffles you? Then go for a hybrid, something matte and not too warm in tone but warm enough. Try the Colourpop Bronzer in Skinny Dip, completely matte, not too warm not too cool and a dream to apply. Another Colourpop offering I love is the Bronzer in Paradise Cove, this one is a little warmer and has more of a satin finish. for the best application go for a duo fiber brush. The cult favorite bronzer has to NARS Laguna, for a all over 'day in the sun' look I go for this on a big powder brush; sun kissed? Absolutely!


0 comments:

Post a Comment