My Top 5 Blushes

So after rounding up my top 5 foundations a couple of weeks ago I decided that today seemed like a good time to share with you my top 5 blushes. I am a huge blush lover and I think they could quite possibly be one of my favorite makeup items, I can be wearing just concealer as a base and I still always wear blush. It is the thing that completely changes your face by adding some color and warmth, for me I just feel unfinished without it. Whether is it a natural nude color or a bright pink it is always a vital part of any makeup look for me. All of the blushes I will be sharing today it is the formula that I love the most and I own multiple shades of them, I will just be sharing my favorite color from the line. Trust me that was a hard call to make on a lot of them.

NARS Blush in Deep Throat- Inappropriate names aside these blushes are amazing! Deep Throat is a beautiful peachy color with some gold flecks running through it, although Orgasm is a cult favorite this is defiantly my favorite shade. The formula is very nice, they have a good pigmentation to them but not to much that it is going to overload your brush. These blushes come in a whopping 28 shades ranging from bright red's to pale golds. They are on the pricey side at $30 but well worth it.

Clinique Cheek Pop in Melon Pop- These are just the cutest little blushes ever, the embossing of the flower is beautiful and the product is nothing less than that. Melon Pop is a really pretty coral shade that is great for this time of year. The formula of these is a little more sheer but I like that as I can build up the color to the intensity I want it. The shade is seriously flattering on the skin and just adds a healthy glow. They come in 12 different 'pop' shades ranging from a deep brown to a lilac. Coming in at $21 they are relatively affordable in the mid price range.

Colorpop Super Shock Blush in Prenup- I couldn't talk about blushes without mentioning Colorpop Cosmetics. All of their products are amazing (sorry to my readers based out of the US, Australia, and New Zealand I'm being a right tease. Let's hope the extend their shipping soon!) and the blushes are no exception. They have the really cool unique formula that is kind of a cream kind of a powder. Prenup is a really pretty pink berry color and my favorite out of the three I own. I find they are best applied with a duo fiber blush brush but you can use your fingers too. Coming in dozens of shades that are changing up all of the time from neon pinks to bright oranges there is certainly a color for everyone. At only $8 they are the most affordable option out of the five and I would say the best value.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Celebrated- Now I wasn't sure about using this shade as it is limited edition (although I believe it is still available now) but I do love the blushes in general this just happens to be my favorite shade I own. It is a really pretty neutral shade that goes with any makeup look. All of the colors tend to lean more towards the matte side of things but that doesn't really bother me. They formula is lovely and smooth and they really do stay put all day, if I ever need a blush to last me all day in hot humid weather then it is one of these I go for. They come in 16 shades including this limited edition one ranging in mainly pinks and peaches. At $28 they are up there but well worth it if you want a blush that will stay all day.

Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Beauty's Touch- So this is technically not classed as blush but damn I say it is. The are three shades of this powder and one of them probably could be considered a bronzer but this is defiantly a blush shade. A mix of a champagne, peach, pink and rose, when all mixed together makes the perfect 'lit from within' healthy glow. It has a really nice finish and the formula is smooth and quite pigmented. At $9.99 this is at the top end of the drugstore but still very affordable. Defiantly one to pick up next time you at CVS, I am thinking I need to try their baked blushes next.

So there you have it my top five blushes, just to quickly mention I also love the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes but I didn't want to include my palette as thought that may be cheating a little. Share with me in the comments your favorite blushes so I can try out some new ones! Love...

4 comments:

  1. I love blushes, they're so subtle but actually make such a difference. My favourite is the L'oreal true match blushes :) x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I will have to try them, I haven't heard much about them. What's the shade you love the most?

      Delete
  2. I have the Tarte blush in the same shade and it it's absolutely stunning !

    Alexandra xx
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love it!! The packaging is so pretty too!

      Delete