Getting Bronzed This Summer...

So the season of wearing less clothing is upon us and I don't know about you but right now I look like Caspar The Friendly Ghost and I need to bronze up my body a little so I don't look quite so dead. Today I thought I would share with you my tanning routine. My current favorite tan to use is St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse. I am always trying new self tanners but I particularly love this one as it is easy to use and is pretty fool proof. If I am feeling prepared (which isn't often) I will apply a body butter or an oil for a few days in advance to make sure I am super hydrated. On the evening I plan to tan I usually take a shower and use a pretty heavy duty scrub like this one from Shea Moisture, it is seriously moisturizing while it still gets rid of any dry or flaky skin. When I am tanning I tend to wash this off with soap so there is no residue left behind. Sometimes if I feel like I really need it I will also use a exfoliating mit. Once I am dry I don't generally apply lotion or any creams before I tan (unless I am so dry I need to) as I find clean residue free skin helps my tan last a lot longer. When I comes to applying I always and would always recommend using mit, now it will depend on the formula of your tan but generally a mit is always good. I always start with my legs and work my way up, for a light tan I go for one or two pumps at a time. It has a color guard so it is really easy to see where you are applying your tan. With this formula of tan you need to leave it on for eight hours before getting wet, this is generally why I like to do it before bed. Come morning I can look a little patchy and I always freak out that I have done a crappy blending job, but then I remember everything turns out beautiful one I wash it off. I jump in the shower and if I do have any stubborn tan patches I give them a little scrub and they always smooth out. This tan lasts about ten days and to keep it from fading I like to scrub every other day and moisturize with my Vaseline Spray and go morning and night. I am now bronzed and ready to pull on my new mint blue shorts, gosh I love summer.

How do you deal with pale skin this time of year? Let me know in the comments. Love...


4 comments:

  1. I never really usually wear fake tan, even in the summer but I really want to try it this summer. I'm planning to get a spray tan for holidays and then wear fake tan after that, I need to get used to maintaining it! x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit it's never as much as a chore as I think it's going to be, it takes me 5-10 minuets to apply and then I just go to bed! You will have to let me know how you get on with a spray tan, I haven't had one before 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the cocoa brown 1 hr tan currently. I dry brush, shave, then slather the scentless mousse, it's been amazing. For a darker tan I love Vita Liberata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a lot about cocoa brown, it is quit affordable right? How do you find dry brushing I have been meaning to try it out for a while. Also I hope you had an amazing trip in Europe! I loved watching your vlogs you looked like you had a great time.

      Delete