Colourpop Monday's In Malibu

I am a huge Colorpop fan and their new summer collection is just dreamy. I made an order a couple of weeks ago now and purchased this beautiful 'Monday's In Malibu' eyeshadow set along with a few other bits including the new bronzers which btw are ahhhhhmazing! Today I thought I would give you my thoughts on the eyeshadow set and show some swatches. If you want to see more of what I brought comment below and let me know and I will do a haul post.

So I have to start by saying the little box they come in is adorable, I love the print and rose gold 'Colourpop' logo. You get six shades which are the normal size and in the same individual pots like their normal super shock shadows. You get two 'pearlized', two 'satin luxe', a 'metallic', and a 'ultra metallic'. The set cost $30 so the same as purchasing six individual shadows. 

Gecko (Pearlized)- This looks quite silvery in the pot but when swatched and in the light it looks almost a light pink. It would make a great lid color or a subtle highlight. The pearlized finish makes it shimmery but not glittery or metallic, I personally like this finish and think it looks good for day or night.

Sand Swoon (Satin Luxe)- This is a really pretty pink, it is a little out of my normal color comfort zone but I think it is still wearable. I am trying to get into color more so hopefully this shade will make me do that. The satin luxe finish is almost like it's matte with small bits of shimmer in, it's not a finish I have tried before but I really like it. It is totally wearable for day time. 

Mirage (Pearlized)- Now this is a pale green, don't be alarmed! It is actually really pretty, it has gold in it and really you could say it is an off gold green. I wore this the other day all over the lid with the gold color (Snakebite) in the crease and it was a really beautiful eye look. Not too green but just enough color to be interesting. Again the finish is really nice and shimmery. 

Snakebite (Ultra Metallic)- I think this has to be my favorite of the set and it's actually the one I have on my lids as I type this. It is the perfect gold color, its pigmentation and intensity is amazing and the finish is wet looking. I have never tried the ultra metallic's before I think this could be my new favorite finish it is BEAUTIFUL! This color really carry's the set for me it would pair with any of the shades perfectly. 

Prickly Pear (Metallic)- This is a purple full of gold glitter. I think it has to be my least favorite in the set partly down to the fact I am not a fan of the metallic finish. I have one other Colourpop shadow in this finish and I am not a fan of it either, for some reason I find the pigmentation of color to be quite low and the amount of glitter to be intense. When it is built up the color is a really pretty purple and the gold glitter is INTENSE, for an evening look it could be great. 

Hot Tamale (Satin Luxe)- Everyone needs a warm toned brown and this is beautiful! It is brown with maybe some red tones to it and it is just the most pretty color to swatch. I have yet to wear it on my eyes but I can't wait to (it's got to the point where I change makeup twice a day *Hands over eyes monkey emoji). Again it is a satin luxe but it has slightly more shimmer and pigment to it than Sand Swoon. I think it will make a great evening eye look or a deep brown smokey eye! 

So yes I really can say beautiful and pretty that many times in a blog post... Have you tried anything from the new summer collection? Let me know down below, also give me a comment and let me know which Colourpop eyeshadow finish is your fave? Love...

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh you defiantly have to if they ship to your country!! Make sure you pick up some of their new bronzers to they are dreamy!!

      Delete
  2. The Malibu set looks beautiful. I'm waiting for my order (Kathleen Lights, two other shadows, two lippie stix) to arrive on Saturday!

    // MAKE YOUR POYNT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Let me know your thoughts on the Kathleen lights set! What shades of Lippistix did you buy?

      Delete