bareMinerals Complexion Rescue

 photo bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Review_zpsgovsjx00.jpg It was a rough week last week so apologies for no post on Monday, I was feeling rather unwell but I am felling so much better now! I have been obsessed with new bases recently and today I am going to be reviewing another one for you. Bareminerals Complexion Rescue is meant to be cc, bb, and tinted moisturizer all in one. Described as a hydrating gel it concludes that it is best for normal to dry skin. Coming in at $29 it doesn't fair to badly in price, so yes it's not drugstore but we're not talking Chanel prices either. Also it comes in ten shades I think that is pretty impressive for a tinted moisturizer, normally your lucky to get five. I have heard some great things from other bloggers about this so I was very excited to try; so much so that I stalked my local Sephora for three weeks to get my hands on the shade I needed 03 Buttercream.

What bareMinerals have to say:
What it is:
A versatile gel cream that combines skincare benefits and naturally radiant coverage in one. 
What it is formulated to do:
- Mineral-based formulation that combines the best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer to provide increased skin hydration after just one week 
- Features SPF 30 sun protection 
- Comes in 10 shades 
This versatile cream achieves dewy, sheer-to-medium coverage to give skin a radiant, soft, and smooth-looking appearance. Formulated with mineral electrolytes to help energize skin, it’s also infused with marine botanicals to help replenish dry skin. It contains heart-leaf globe daisy, an antioxidant, which aids in protecting against environmental stressors—improving the appearance of skin while keeping it hydrated. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens 
What else you need to know:
This product is dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic. It does not contain silicone, fragrance, or oil. 
Research results:
In an independent U.S. clinical study of 62 participants: 
- 100% experienced an improvement in skin texture after just 1 week

What I think: Ok so let me start by saying what I love about this. It has SPF 30 which is great for this time of year; bonus it is a physical over a chemical SPF, and I loved that it left my skin feeling hydrated and nourished. I did not purchase the matching brush but I found that it applied well enough with either fingers or my Bobbi Brown full coverage face brush. I would say it's coverage is more on the sheerer side, I have tinted moisturizers that pack a little bit more of a punch. This doesn't really bother me as I am happy to use a good concealer but if you need more of a medium coverage then maybe skip this. The texture is a very nice cooling gel that is thick but at the same time feels a little like water to apply. I wear shade 03 Buttercream, it is very golden and maybe even a little to yellow for me, that's saying something because I usually find it hard to get shades warm enough for my skin. One thing I have to say I am not a huge fan of is the finish, it is dewy yes but defiantly on the wet looking side of dewy. I wouldn't really say it is radiant or glowy just wet looking, maybe even slightly oily? I find that I have to powder it. Now I have dry to normal skin so the wet look isn't a huge issue for me but you combo and oily skinned lovelies be aware, I have also heard that it doesn't wear throughout the day very well on oily skins.  All in all I like it and would recommend it to you dry skinned gals but I don't think I will reach for it that often, what can I say I just have so many tinted moisturizers and this one doesn't quite cut it for me. Maybe I will get on with it more come winter but until then it's headed out of the everyday makeup drawer. I hate feeling like a Negative Nelly but hey what can I do, I purchased the Chanel CC cream today (for $55, GULP) so let's hope that gets a glowing review literally. Love...

2 comments:

  1. I love this product since i bought it i wear it every single days.

    Alexandra xx
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you love it! Nicola xo

    ReplyDelete