Interview With Maria From Pink Chanel Suit


Hello everyone, you may of noticed recently I have been doing quite a few collaboration post with fellow bloggers, blogging is what I love so I love to share that with others. Today's post isn't so much of a collaboration, more of an interview. I came across Maria's blog, Pink Chanel Suit on Instagram (praise hands emoji) a few months back now and have been intrigued by it ever since. I usually read a lot about beauty and fashion on blogs and I love that Maria mainly just has lifestyle posts. Her writing is incredible and I find her words always suck me in if that makes any sense. For me writing is my real weak point when it comes to blogging so I love taking inspiration from her. Today's interview is going to be a bit of fun and a 'getting to know you' kind of thing. I must admit this post if mainly for me, I love learning little things about people but I am sure you guys will enjoy it equally. I read through her answers to each question with a genuine smile on my face; she has some really intuitive thoughts. All of Maria's blog details will be at the bottom of this post. Again I hope you enjoy.


Where were you born, what was your family like? 
 I was born in a suburb 20 minutes outside of Cleveland, Ohio. The family member I have the fondest memories of is my grandma. Although she passed, we still have an amazing relationship. She loved me unconditionally and we had a SOUL connection that I will forever cherish.

Where did you live growing up? 
I grew up in Ohio, and it was a lovely place to grow up. All four seasons beautifully unfolding every few months, neighborhoods were like family, and I felt like I could discover something new everyday. I'm very fond of my hometown, but I know I can't shine here. There's no where new to go and there's no one new to meet. I will always come back, but I can't stay here. 

As a child were you a girly girl or did you hate anything pink, or were you even a little of both?  
Honestly, that's hard to say. I was forced to play sports and hated it. I remember wearing pearl necklaces and lipstick to my softball games. Yet at the same time, I somehow ended up being the only girl at my day care. We would constantly play video games, Yugioh cards and wall ball - which I loved. They wouldn't let me play wall ball at first simply because I was a girl, yet they invited me to the team later on because I was a better catcher than all of them. That's right, guys. In all seriousness though, I got along with both genders. I enjoyed rolling around in the mud and playing video games just as much as I did playing barbies and giving makeovers. Everyone was always asking me if I was a girly girl or a tomboy and I was just like, "I guess both? I'm me." Gender roles are a silly thing, which I now realize.

What is your daily makeup like? 
Usually I just keep it simple - a little bit of highlighter around my eyes and some mascara. And 1-2 times a week some lipstick!

What's your favorite skin care product? 
I love making homemade face masks with everything from coconut oil, to honey, to green tea. For daily use, I love Mary Kay's botanical line. 

Who is your style icon? 
Jackie Kennedy because she mixed elegance, professionalism, menswear and femininity all together somehow. We don't have a similar sense of style in terms of appearance, however, I love what she stood for in terms of fashion. She brought so many new things to the table just by being unique. In many ways, she symbolizes the integrity of the American dream.

 What is your all time favorite book? 
Oh, don't do this to me! It's a tie between Catcher in the Rye and Wuthering Heights. Holden Caulfield is one of the most authentic individuals in the literary world yet the eternal love between Heathcliff and Catherine makes the hopeless romantic in me swoon.

It's always best to be yourself but, if you could be anyone else in this world who would you be? 
I would be myself, just at Hogwarts. I love being myself, I just wouldn't mind having different circumstances.
You're having a dinner party and you can invite anyone, who do you invite?
Hypothetically speaking, I CAN invite anyone to a dinner party. So, I would invite a bunch of fictional characters and presidents and Disney princesses. But they probably wouldn't show up. Wow, thanks. Now I have to eat this entire cheese cube tray by myself. ;)

Where do you see your self in ten years time?
These questions often make me realize that I really do live in the moment. I can't even tell you where I'll be in a few months! I just hope I'm happy and doing something awesome. I hope guacamole didn't go extinct and I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 is out by then. And if there is still guacamole in the world and if there is a new Kingdom Hearts game I can play, I will be happy. 
So there you have it, we have now all learned al little about Maria. Head on over to http://www.pinkchanelsuit.com/ to learn more. Thank you so much to Maria for being a great sport! Now I want to know your answers to the questions! Leave them in the comments below. I hope you all enjoyed. Love...

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice idea for a post! Loved reading it xo

    http://naomiupton.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi, I'm glad you enjoyed 😘

      Delete