Disappointing Products



So if you're wondering if I'm loosing my mind then you might be right, no actually I know I did a disappointing products in with my empties a few weeks ago but I thought today I would share with you some products that I keep in my collection but actually really should thrown away. I am a sentimental person, take for instance the bracelet I got for my sixteenth birthday a few months ago it got broken while it was being cleaned at Tiffanys. They told me it wasn't fixable but they would replace it, little old me had a break down that it wasn't going to be the original even though it was identical. I'm also a hoarder so letting go of things is tricky for me, yes even when I don't like them. So with that said let's begin, just a quick disclaimer the reason I don't like most of these products is personally they don't work for me, I know they work for a lot of other people.


Maybelline Baby Skin- When this came out it was huge! Everyone was anticipating it being amazing and actually when it was tried I think most people were split. I agree that yes it does fill in your pores but the texture is just too slipy for my liking. It feels heavy on the skin and foundation doesn't sit well on top. Another thing I noticed is that it made me incredibly oily, now I have dry skin so this never and I mean never happens to me. The first time I wore this I went out for the evening with my friend, I usually don't take powder because I generally don't need it, by ten I was an oily mess. That night we took many pictures so I have photo evidence.

Estee Lauder Double Wear- This is loved by many and I can understand why it just doesn't work for me. First off I just have to say the smell is terrible, it smells like paint its just really bad. For me the coverage is a little patchy, yes it is full coverage but in places it didn't build up so well and looks cakey. Another thing is that you need to powder it I think because it has a tacky finish but at the same time it really doesn't need powder. The one positive thing is that it really does stay put even in hot, humid weather.

Benefit Cha Cha Tint- I love Posie Tint especially in summer as a pretty tint on the cheeks. But the color of Cha Cha Tint is just ugly, it's like bright orange. They call it 'mango' I would just say orange, I mean really who wants orange on their lips or cheeks?

Nyx Blushes- These are not bad they are just far to pigmented! It is so easy to over apply these, when it comes to blush I want to be able to sweep my brush in it and then go straight onto the cheeks. With this you have to barely touch it, tap off excess, swipe of on the back of your hand and then apply it. Quite frankly its just annoying.

Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Charm- I like the concept and feel of these but this color is just weird. In the tube its a weird orange nude but when swatched its a pretty peachy pink. Then when it goes onto my lips it's that pretty peachy pink for about five minuets until the stain is left behind, the stain for some reason is a strange dark pink color. I wish it stained the color it went on because then it would be practically perfect.

So there you have it, my list of products to avoid if you're like me. I am now feeling very negative so am off to watch The Royals to give myself a laugh. What products do you not like? what do you think of the products I mentioned? Let me know in the comments. Love...

5 comments:

  1. The only product I've tried of these is the cha cha tint, I think the shade would work with tanned skins for Summer maybe as a light wash of colour on the cheeks (not the lips!) but I agree about the shade, it doesn't suit me either! I've always wanted to try the double wear, I was quite surprised to see that in there just as it is so popular but I guess not every product will work for everyone, even the most well known products!

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tanya. Zandra I can see maybe the tint would work for darker skin tones. I was so excited to try the double wear but it's just not suited to my skin type. If your combo or oily I am sure it will work great. I still think it's an amzing foundation just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've got cha cha tint and the primer. I like cha cha tint on the cheeks (with a really delicate hand!) but the tint range from Benefit isn't my fave. I've grown to like the primer though! It is a bit 'slippy' but I just make sure I set my skin really well (I have oily skin.) Everyone is different though! xo

    http://naomiupton.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with the whole Baby Skin oily mess point, I always feel like I over applied even if I put a single dot on my face haha. It's a back up for me, but never really appreciated hahah. And NYX blushes are soo sooo pigmented, I tend to just lightly go over my creme brushes with them but it's so easy to end up looking like a clown!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naomi I'm glad you get on with the primer. Totally agree about the blushes Brooke, I do find their cream blushes are quite nice though

    ReplyDelete