My Top 5 Hair Products

So until recently I have never really been hugely into 'hair care' and using products. But ever since I started having highlights around six months ago I have been taking much better care of my hair. So today I thought I would share with you my current top five that I'm loving. Ok so I should start off by saying that my hair has a normal to thick thickness, it has a curl/wave to it when it dry's naturally and has the tendency to go very fluffy and frizzy. To combat this it is either normally tied up, curled or straightened, or sometimes blow dried. So as you can imagine there is a lot of heat involved in keeping it under rule.

#1 Batiste Dry Shampoo- Now as I have already said my hair either has to be styled or tied up after its washed. This can be very annoying so I try and leave washing it as long as possible. That's where batiste comes in. On about the third day my hair has some serious grease and it needs something to soak all of that up. Batiste is by far my favorite dry shampoo, yes it is powdery and white but as long as you massage it in there never is any residue. I personally find that a lot of dry shampoos that are 'residue free' or 'clear' actually don't do any thing. I have three different scents here, the tropical is defiantly my ultimate favorite smelling like coconuts but the floral one smells lovely for this time of year. If I have seriously greasy hair for some reason the original is the best at getting rid. One thing to note is stay away from the colored versions, the brunette stains EVERYTHING and the blonde makes your roots look yellow (if you blonde of course).
 #2 Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-powder- This dry shampoo and volume powder in one is a life saver when my hair is having a flat day. I add a small amount to my roots and boom voluminous and messy hair! In a good way of course.
#3 L'Oreal Elnett Satin Sleek Perfection Hairspray- This is the only hairspray I actually like. It's not crunchy or sticky and it holds a messy updo while keeping it light and airy if that makes any sense.
#4 Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment- This stuff I really couldn't live without! I apply it on damp hair before blow drying and it just stops all off the fluffiness. It also really smoothes out my hair while having heat protectant built in.
#5 Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil Primer- The best heat protectant around! Now I have my bottle of 'PHD' I use this less but I still love it. It has detangling properties so it is great for when you have just washed your hair. It's especially good for summer as it has UV protectant also.

So what's next for my hair? Going short maybe? We will see.
Please share with me you hair favorites in the comments. Love...

3 comments:

  1. I also love the Batiste dry shampoo! God knows how many bottles I've gone through :P

    http://melissatara.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same! I have another two botts in my bathroom, I'm always scared of not having a back up 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. However if your knowledge of the industry is not quite as up to date as it could be then you may be interested in hearing about this revolutionary product. With that in mind and without further ado here is an introduction to Moroccanoil:
    silikonfreieshampoos.de

    ReplyDelete