Perfectly Pink

PINK! Come on you have to admit it pink really is an amazing color. I wouldn't say it is my favorite color but it will always have special place in my heart. I love incorporating pink into my makeup and today I am going to be sharing with you a perfectly pink look. It may not seem it but incorporating pink into your makeup can be a little tricky. To make it look natural and not like you have been Barbie-fied you need to find a good pink for you skin tone. Take me for instance if I wear a pink lipstick that is to cool in tone for me it washes me out. But do not fear if you have pinks in your collection you think may not suit you, Sunny Seoul the lipstick I am using in this look really washes me out if I apply it heavily, but by applying it lightly and dabbing it into my lips I really like how it looks.




To begin with I applied Laura Merciers hydrating primer all over my face. Laura has a great range of primers for all skin types, my skin is feeling dry at the moment so I opted for the hydrating version. Then I applied the Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation with my Bobbi Brown full coverage face bruch. The foundation had a nice natural finish to it, not to dewy or matte. I had serious dark circles today so I applied Estee Lauder's double wear concealer with my Beauty Blender, it has great coverage and its not to heavy. Next I sent everything with a light powder, the healthy balance by Bourjois is great for setting but not making you look flat. To give a pop to the cheeks I put Tarte's Amazonian clay blush in dollface on the apples of my cheeks. Lastly for the face I used Soap and Glory's glow all out from the apples of my cheeks all the way up my cheek bones. This is kind of a blush-highlighter hybrid, it gives you a glow but is also a little pink so gives a bit of a flush.

Next on to the eyes. I first started by applying Urban Decays primer potion all over the lid so the shadows will last all day. I then applied a cream shadow by Maybelline in Barely Branded (not pictured). I waited for the cream shadow to set, this is important otherwise when you add powder on top things can get messy. I them applied MAC nocturnelle into the crease, this color is a purple not a ink but over this base it creates a lilacy-pinky finish. I then highlighted by brow bone and inner corner with MAC vanilla. I then tackled my brows with the L'Oreal brow stylist plumber transparent gel. Finally for the eyes I added lots of the L'Oreal butterfly waterproof mascara.

And for lips I applied MAC's Sunny Seoul lightly and then dabbed it into my lips to create a softer look.

If you wanted to amp this look up a bit you could add some falsies or some winged liner, maybe even a brighter pink lip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment