Dramatic Eyes





When I want to give my look a bit of oomph I always add either a bold lip or a dramatic eye. As I shared with you a red lip look a few weeks ago now, (HERE) I thought today I would share my favorite way to amp up my eyes. Now I usually go one of two ways about this, either a dramatic smoky eye or the look I have done here which is a bronze-y eye.


When I am wearing quite a bold eye look I like to keep the rest of my makeup relatively simple looking. I started by applying a primer, again I went for the Laura Mercier Hydrating primer. Then I applied L'Oreal's True Match foundation with my Bobbi Brown full coverage face brush. This foundation has a good medium coverage with a natural finish. I then covered my dark circles and any blemishes with my favorite concealer, Estee Lauder double wear concealer. Then I like to set everything in place with a lightweight powder like the Boujois healthy balance powder. After that if I am wearing this look for a night out I will use a setting spray like Urban Decays all nighter. I then apply some Nars laguna bronzer and Nars deep throat blush.
Now we move on to the eyes, I started by priming things with the Urban Decay eye primer potion and then applied MAC bronze eyeshadow all over the lid with a 239 eye brush. To give the eye a little more depth I added some MAC nocturnelle into the crease and then blended everything out with a clean 217 blending brush. To highlight the brow bone I used MAC vanilla, I then set my brows with the L'Oreal artist plumper. To give the eyes a bit more definition I put a very thin line of the Kat von d tattoo liner and winged it out a little (I still need to perfect this). Next I added lots of the Dior Addict It Lash mascara, to define the eyes some more I added some individual false lashes. By adding some medium and long lashes to the outer corner of the eyes it can really open them up. Lastly I applied a nude lip, I went for MAC Pure Zen which is a pinky nude.

0 comments:

Post a Comment