Clarisonic: A Year In

So after mentioning it in my 2014 favorites my Clarisonic Mia 2 I realized I had been using it for almost a year so I thought I would tell you all how I feel about it.

I purchased my Mia 2 back in the beginning of January 2014, I believe it was on special offer at the time in Ulta for $125 which is a pretty good price. You can get them in a variety of colors for either Ulta or Sephora for $149.99. Mine is in a limited edition color Sunset Paradise.

Why the Mia 2? I chose the Mia 2 purely because at the time it was only $15 more than the original Mia and the Mia had sold out of all the pretty colors (white really wasn't doing it for me). One advantage the Mia 2 does have is two power settings, I use the lower one which I believe is the extra but don't hold me to that. Clarisonic has a range of different cleansing tools and sadly I do not have to much knowledge about them so I am just going to let you know what I think of mine.

In the year that I have had it I have only have tried two different types of brush heads, The Deep Pore and The Sensitive, I like both but I think The Deep Pore gives me a slightly better clean. I really want to try The Cashmere one as it meant to be good for dry skin. I only use it once in the morning mainly because I like to use an oil or balm cleanser in the evening but also using it twice a day it feels a little harsh.

Reasons I love it:
Brightens skin
Kept my dry skin at bay
Reduced redness
Never had my skin feel so clean

Reason I don't love so much:
The financial upkeep, you have to replace the brush heads every three month ad the price of a new brush head just went up to $27 although you can by a multi pack of four for around $75
The spotty stage, when you first use it you can break out due to all the bacteria coming from your pores ewww. This will stop after a couple of days just be sure never to not use it for more than a week otherwise you will go through that all over again.

So that all in all I would say I love it, it has completely changed my skin for the better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment