DIY Brush Holder

DIYing isn't my usual idea of fun so when my favorite candle burnt out I was just going to throw the pretty glass jar away, but there I was trying to stuff my daily makeup brushes into a small acrylic container and a light bulb went off in my head. Now using a jar to hold you brushes is probably something you have heard a million times before but i'm going to share with you my way of doing this super simple holder.
Step 1: you need to find a jar, whether this is a random jar you have lying around or a jar of an old candle.
Step 2: (only applicable if you have candle wax in your jar) To remove any remaining wax from your jar sit it in some hot water but do not let any water into the jar. Leave it for a few minuets and the remaining wax should just pop out.
Step 3: buy some vase decorating beads. You can get these in loads of colors but I went for clear, just make sure they are not to big or to small. I purchased mine for around $5 at Michaels but you should be able to find them in most craft stores.
Step 4: fill up your jar with the beads, you don't want to fill it to much so they over flow when you stick in your brushes but you need enough to hold them upright.
Step 5: place your brushes into your jar in any way you like, if they do not stand up by themselves now you may need to add more beads.

And your done, told you it was simple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment