Learning To Wing It


Winged liner has never really been my forte but over the past year or so I like to think I have gained a few tips that can really help get that clean flick without liner everywhere; I actually found some on my elbow once... Liquid is my preferred poison but if you do suck like me then I think a creamy pencil like the Bareminerals Lasting Line is perfect. With a fine nibbed pencil like this one you can easily get a thin line along the lashes and flick it out with ease, and if things really do go wrong you can always smudge it out for a smokey look. To get the perfect (really semi-perfect) flick I like to follow my lower lash line and flick it toward the edge of my brow, small wings are my go to but the same rule applies wether you want it more graphic. If you're really struggling you can always use the good ol' tape trick to get a clean line, just make sure each eye is at the same angle to keep things even. Recently brands have been coming out with other devices (that look a little like guitar picks) to help you achieve a smooth line. Beautyblender have just released a rubber like musical instrument pick that adheres onto the skin to give you a line template, but Eyeko also have a similar looking thing but made of plastic that comes free with their mascaras (it supposedly stops smudging, but would work in the same way for eyeliner too in my opinion). If liquid is your thing then for a fool proof option I love the Kat Von D Tattoo Liners. They have very fine nibs; in fact it isn't even a nib, more like loads of tiny brush hairs that come together to create a very easy and subtle thin line. The great thing about these is that they are totally budge proof too. I have the black and brown shades but honestly they are very similar in color, the black is very dark so if you want something a little more subdued then I would go for the brown. I am not going to go into gel as I have never really got on with it, but I will link to a few of my favorite 'eyeliner' posts at the bottom of this post. So now you can start practicing winging it, let me know how you get on. Love...

Sarah Loves Makeup- My Favorite Eyeliners & How I Use Them

Vivianna Does Makeup- The Eyeliners That Even I Can Get Flicky With

Lily Pebbles- Reunited With Gel Eyeliner

Into The Gloss- How To Get Even Eyeliner

0 comments:

Post a Comment