My Top 5 Nail Polishes For Spring

Hello everyone, you may be sick of this by now but today I am coming at you with another Spring related post. Anyone who knows me knows that my big weakness is nail polish, I have hundreds upon hundreds of bottles in every single color under the sun. So today naturally I am going to be sharing five polishes some new, some not that I will be rocking constantly this spring.
In Spring pastels is defiantly my go too kind of shades, there light and soft and just really remind me of blossom; so they are a winner all round.


#1 Essie Mint Candy Apple- This is a staple in many bloggers nail polish collections. The minty blue color fast became a huge Essie icon a few years back and that's when I hit the Essie bandwagon. I actually think Mint Candy Apple may have been my first Essie polish, way back when I lived in England and it was hard to find them anywhere. I would say it is defiantly a more blue-y mint but it is beautiful either way, also unlike many other Essie pastel colors you only need two coats for it to be opaque.

#2 O.P.I That's Hula-rious!- This shade is from their Spring 2015 Hawaii collection, which can I just say has some amazing colors! It is a minty kind of green color but it is green, no blue here. If I were to call it a color I would say 'spearmint'. It looks really pretty on the nails, actually a lot better than it does in the bottle. I think this is one of the only polishes that I have removed from my nails after a week and reapplied.

#3 O.P.I Care to Danse?- From the New York Ballet collection O.P.I did a few years back, this is a super sheer lilac. Ok so to be opaque you have to have about four coats but the color is just so beautiful and the formula thin and quick drying. I actually like wearing two even coats so it's still semi sheer and just adds a tint to your nails. But if you do want it opaque do not fear, each coat dries very fast. Paint all ten nails and by the time you're back to the first its dry.

#4 O.P.I Suzi Shops & Island Hops- Again this is from the Hawaii collection. It is kind of a Barbie pink mixed with a pastel baby pink (I know my descriptions suck). Its cool toned and kind of reminds me of those marshmallow sweets, what were they called?..... Oooo FLUMPS! It has a good opaqueness to it and you can get the job done in two coats, even one if you were in a rush. As you can tell I do love O.P.I, I did a round up of my favorite O.P.I polishes HERE!

#5 Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Eyes- This is very different to all the others in the fact it is darker and if full of shimmer and glitter. Generally speaking I like to keep my brighter polishes and more colorful options in a basic crème polish sort of formula, but there is always an exception to the rule and this is it. It's a periwinkle blue with ocean blue glitter pieces and a gold shimmer running throughout. The wear on Deborah Lippmann polishes is great and her mermaid collection is beautiful. I also love Mermaid's Dream but feel its more summer appropriate. Also for an added bonus I picked this up in my local Marshals for only $5 when it usually retail for $20! STEAL!

So what are your favorite polishes for Spring? Share them with me in the comments. Also I want to hear about your beauty steals, have you ever got an insane deal on a beauty product? Let me know below. Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment