Winter Getaway

First off before I get into this post I just want to say I hope you all have had a great holiday season so far and are looking forward to the new year. Any way on to todays post, a few weeks ago now myself and my family went on holiday for my dad's 50th birthday to the Dominican Republic. We had an amazing week and the place is just so beautiful, and I wanted to share it's beauty with you so I thought I would share some photo's and a little about what we did and when we stayed.

From the moment the pilot pointed out the view I knew we were going to be in for an amazing week, I mean come on look at that ocean. (Excuse the iPhone 4's bad camera.)

I really didn't expect it to be as mountainous and green as it was but it sure was pretty.

We arrived to our hotel on the most beautiful afternoon so we went to the beach bar for a drink. Then we went to our rooms, which were gorgeous by the way and unpacked. Sadly I did take photos of our room but I can't seem to find them anywhere but I will be linking the hotel at the bottom of this so go and check it out.

We then enjoyed the most beautiful sunset.

 There was a lot of wildlife around the hotel, and there also was ponds and shallow lakes in the lobby full of flamingos. If you follow me on instagram you might of seen the video of flamingos one night when we were at dinner.



  So this day was my dads actual birthday so we spent it on the beach and then went for a lovely meal. Sadly I was really quite ill that day so I didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else. (Thank mother nature for that time of the month.)
 P.S I am in love with these Steve Madden sandals.




 We had a really great night and the staff in the restaurant sang happy birthday to my dad in true Dominican style with pots and pans and knives and forks.

They had some really pretty Christmas decorations to.

 Sadly we had a stormy day and had to stay in the room but that wasn't all bad as I got a lot of relaxing done.  Also we went for a lovely lunch on the beach.

The day after the storm the beach was littered with so much seaweed it was incredible.






And then it came to our last full day, we spent the day on the beach at the pool and having a really good Italian meal. Oh and of course enjoyed one last sunset.
When it came to the afternoon we left I was so sad. I also wished I had taken some photos of the airport to share with you guys as it was so cute.

So just before I leave I will share about where we went. We stayed at The Reserve at Paradisus in Punta Cana. I would defiantly recommend staying there if you are looking to go to Punta Cana. The staff were very nice, the rooms were amazing and the location was beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment