Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks

Urban Decay have thrown their old lipsticks out of the window and are now offering 100 new shades in 6 different finishes, so it's safe to say you should find something you'll love. From Matte to Metallized and everything in between the new finishes off something for everyone. I have only five from the hundred on offer but I thought I would give you my thoughts on them today. So let's start with the new packaging, the slim gun metal bullet look stunning with the gold base and very luxurious. Of course in true Urban Decay fashion it is rather edgy but I love that it represents the brand so well. From the four different formulas I have tried I would say they are all pretty consistent in pigment pay off and feel comfortable and nice on the lips. 714 is a beautiful true red and a real stand out in the collection for me. I know that you can get a red in just about any lipstick collection but the Mega Matte formula of this shade is what makes it special. It has a almost 'powdery' finish, which I know sounds a little odd but it really makes the red pop. It doesn't feel drying at all on the lips but still has amazing staying power and is almost kiss proof. Another favourite of mine is Backtalk which is a Comfort Matte. The formula is still a matte but a little creamier and even more comfortable on the lips. I would say it is my favourite finish out of the four I have tried and works perfectly for everyday. The shade on this one is a mauve-y nude, think Kylie Jenner, so very on trend. In a cream formula Firebird is a vibrant fuchsia toned purple with a blue undertone to it. The finish is slightly glossy and a little slippy on the lips so with a bold colour like this you may want a lip liner, but it is truly stunning. Pandemonium is very out of my comfort zone and not one for me I don't think. It has the same Mega Matte formula as 714 but isn't as rich in pigment for some reason and can be a little patchy to apply. If you love a good purple lip (I mean Ruby Rose looks amazing in this shade on their website!) then it would be a cool one to try, but again I think you may need a liner. Lastly I have Big Bang which is a Metallized, it is super shimmery, super pink, and super girly. It has a semi sheer pigment so isn't to bold in colour but the intense silver shimmer running throughout is what really makes it stand out. Personally I am not a fan but I can still appreciate it. The shimmer is really fine which I prefer as you can't feel the graininess on the lips, but still I don't think it will be making its way into my everyday beauty stash. They are on sale now online and in departments stores such as Selfridges and House of Fraser.

Have you tried the new Vice Lipsticks? If so let me know you're thoughts and shade recommendations! Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment