My Top Five Lipsticks... EVER!

You guys I just love lipstick, I love it so much I don't even think I can put it into words. Yes that's pretty sad but nothing gets me more excited than picking up a new lipstick. Of course I have some tried and tested HG lippies in the mix and I thought I would share my top five lipsticks of all time with you today. So this past weekend I decided to merrily swatch a good chunk of my lipstick collection, just to have a refresh of what I have. I shared the diary of it over on Snapchat which you may of seen the 10 dozen swatches if you follow me there (I am Nicoladarita btw so go follow!). When you are such a lipstick lover like me it can be rather tricky to pic your top five but I had a real good think about it and I actually managed to make the choice rather easily.

MAC Cremesheen in Pure Zen- This was one of my first MAC lipstick purchases years and years ago now and to this day I still love it. It is a creamy nude shade that is quite pale compared to what I usually go for but some how it really suits me. It sways a little more pink that peach which I personally prefer and I think it is a shade that seems to be neglected in MAC's collection.

Chanel Rouge CoCo in Adrienne- This one is relatively new in my collection but I have already worn it a ton and I can tell it will be a shade I buy and buy over again. It is a brownish nude that goes with any makeup look and I can imagine it suits pretty much every skin tone. The formula of these is lovely and creamy but still long lasting.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #44- My most worn lipstick title has to go to this baby! It is such a beautiful baby pink shade that is on the sheer side so it is very wearable. The formula of the new Oil in Sticks is probably my favourite ever, it is just so nourish and comfortable on the lips.

Burberry Kisses in Rose Blush- I just love this colour, it is like a berry but still wearable in non autumnal months. The formula is creamy but still quite pigmented and just easy to wear. I have noticed nearly all of my picks have a very creamy almost sheer formula so clearly I have a lipstick 'type'.

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Very Victoria- This is my only matte pick, which I was quite surprised about considering I wear matte lips quite often. The Matte Revolution formula has to be the best for matte, long lasting, comfortable lips. They are highly pigmented and just seriously the best! I have whole post on a few shades HERE if you want a read. Very Victoria is the perfect browny pink shade that isn't too cool nor warm, think MAC Velvet Teddy but 10000% better.

Do you have a lipstick for life? Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment