Autumn/Winter Trends with House of Fraser

Earlier this week I was invited along to the House of Fraser A/W press day showcasing Men and Women's fashion along with home wear for the season. We wandered into the lovely One Marylebone that is absolutely beautiful and had a good snoop round. Of course I wanted pretty much everything I saw and the home section had me dreaming of my own place some day, although more on that another day. We then went and got our hair done by a lovely girl from Show Hair and I had some serious Volume going on, no photo's though I'm afraid. Anyway I thought today I would share with you some of the emerging trends for the season, it feels a little odd talking about this coming into Summer but hey that's how the fashion world works.










The first big trend I noticed when it came to women's fashion was the array of jewel tones, and specifically reds and burgundies. Oxblood is on of my favourite colours and I love whipping it out every autumn so I am very glad it is in again this year. It is a great way to add some colour to your winter wardrobe without having anything to bright or bold, and the beauty gal in me also really wants to say it looks amazing on the lips.













The other overwhelming theme was a mix of soft neutrals in the form of greys, beige's, and subtle blacks. The was a lot of knitwear which I love, and some beautiful layering pieces. There were also some lovely grey toned wool coats that I have my eye on. I also noticed a few pops of colour in there, a little like that lovely lime green and navy on the tote bags. Another big thing I spotted was the use of pints, but animal prints specifically. I just love those gorgeous tan flap bags with the faux snakeskin detailing, and I believe there was a rather fancy leopard print coat in the mix too. I apologise for my lack of description but  hope the photo's help. I am hoping to branch into the fashion world a little more, but what can I say I am a beauty girl at heart. Love...


*A huge thanks to House of Fraser for the invite!







0 comments:

Post a Comment