New York, New York
















This past weekend my family and I drove up to New York City for a few days to celebrate my birthday. I have been before but it is one of my favorite places so am always eager to go back. When I planned this post before I left for the trip I imagined it to be full of a lot of exciting images but sadly the trip ended up being cut short down to me getting sick. I had really wanted to do a lot in the few days we were there but obviously as we left after only a day and a half I didn't manage to get everything done; but hey just another excuse to return. It was incredibly cold while we where there so wondering around the city wasn't to much of an option, even though we managed to walk nine miles one day. We arrived in the late afternoon so headed to Central Park to catch the sunset, and of course it was breathtaking. As I had been before I had already seen a few sights so this time we set our goals to new places. On the first morning we headed to the New York Public Library and I fell in love with the place. The architecture was beautiful and there seemed to be wonderful ceilings everywhere. We then headed to Grand Central Station, another place I had never been before. Again it's beautiful inside and I couldn't help thinking of the Gossip Girl opening scene. We grabbed lunch in a place just outside of the terminal, I can't remember its name now but the food was really good. I had a kale salad and it was delicious, and thats coming from a girl who's not 'huge' into kale. We then got a cab up to the Brooklyn Bridge as it was too damn cold to get on the subway. The view from up there was lovely and the new World Trade center is incredible but also very humbling. We went round to the memorials, which are very spectacular indeed but also somber in mood. Lastly for that afternoon we walked over to the shores to see the Statue Of Liberty; it was far to cold to get on the ferry and see it up close. Sadly that evening I had begun to feel ill so we did some shopping on fifth and then went to bed (well I really watched the Bachelor, my guilty please!). By morning I still wasn't well and it was -8C so we decided we would head home via the Upper West Side. I have been thinking about studying abroad for a year or two once were back in the UK at Columbia University so wanted to have a quick drive around the area. It is really beautiful around there and I can certainly see myself studying there in a few years. All in all I had a lovely trip, but still have a few things to tick on my NY list; The MET for one, New York I'm coming back for you. Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment