Getting Out of a Neutral Eyeshadow Rut

I don't know about you but I seem to get into an eyeshadow funk now and again, wearing the same shades and same formulas of neutrals all the time. When this happens I have a few bright colors in my collection I like to add into my makeup routine. Now stick with me here as I am not talking anything crazy, but a little bit of color can still be wearable. I love MAC Cranberry for a rusty red eye and Starviolet is the perfect purple base. Another purple by MAC that adds some color but doesn't look too much is Nocturnal, I love wearing this deep purple in the crease; especially in spring. If you want a palette thats got some nice pops of color then the Masterclass by Smashbox is perfect. There are a ton of neutral shades but there are also some really fun greens, blues, purple, and pinks. For a subtler version I love the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty II palette, it is completely matte making it really easy to wear and I love the range of pastel shades. For a peachy eye I love layering Peaceful, Adore, and Desire. If you have blue or hazel eyes green eyeshadow can be really flattering, green does sound a bit scary but if you go with an olive color like the one in this Marc Jacobs palette it can be really flattering on the eyes. This palette also has some lovely purples and yellow tones, I am not sure if it still available but Marc Jacobs has a ton of other palettes with great colors in. If you do want to go a little more out there then a metallic color is stunning. Cobalt from the Lorac Metal palette would add a lovely pop of color to the eyes smudged under the lash line or worn as a winged liner. How do you incorporate color in your makeup? Love...

1 comment:

  1. The Lorac Metals palette looks gorgeous, I can't get enough of my Pro 2 Palette!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete