2016 Beauty Resolutions

A new year means it's time to make some resolutions. I am not sure whether I believe in making full on resolutions because if you really want to make a change you should do that any time, but I am setting myself a few tasks to try and conquer this coming year. Oh beauty wise that is; so today I am sharing ten beauty resolutions of mine that I think many of you may also share.

1. Wash My Brushes More Often- I am the biggest offender when it comes to not washing my brushes for weeks. I don't know why I just seem to forget and then I realize there all dirty and just can't be bothered or find time to do them. This year I plan to deep clean them at least every other Sunday, without fail.

2. Wear SPF Daily- Again I just seem to forget this step in my skincare routine a lot, especially when it's not summer. My skin is so dry that a moisturizer with SPF in is never enough to cut it so it is always another step for me. The Murad priming SPF is great under makeup so I plan on utilizing that to get my daily dose.


Stop Hoarding Makeup- I am the worst when it comes to hoarding, I can't throw things away. I just don't know why but I get emotionally attached to objects which I know isn't right, but hey I do. I want to start sharing my stuff out more and finally donating all the makeup I don't use. It's about time I throw away those bright pink lipsticks from my young days.

Stick to a Solid Skincare Routine- I am always trying out new skincare which I love doing but I would love to see how sticking to a solid routine would help my skin. I don't have any real bothers with it right now but it would be interesting nonetheless.

Use Cuticle Oil- My cuticles are always dry and cracked so I am trying to train my self to apply oil every single night. I am miss forgetful so this could be tricky but hopefully I will see an improvement in my cuticles.

Drink More Water- I think most people want to do this. Over the past few months I have gotten better at drinking more water but (TMI here) I can't deal with the needing to pee every hour (laughing emoji face). My aim is to get to drinking 8 glasses everyday by the end of the year.

Share More- This kind of relates to my hoarding but I get sent ever such a lot of wonderful things from companies (which I am very grateful for) that I don't get a chance to use it all and so I want to share more of this by donation or to my family and friends.

Talk About More Drugstore Makeup Here- My blog has become more and more high end which I love as thats my real passion but I do understand not everyone (including myself) can afford to spend a lot on beauty and I want to show you can feel great and feed your beauty addiction with a small budget.

Wear Red Lipstick More- I have never been a red lip girl until recently that is. Over the Holiday period I decided to try it out and I really love it. This year I am challenging myself to get out of my comfort zone and go bolder on the lips.

Cleanse in the Morning- I am guilty of just swiping some micellar water over my face in the morning and not doing a proper cleanse at least five time a week. My skin has been feeling a little gunky recently and I think it's time to bring back in the proper cleansers come morning time.

Make sure you let me know your 2016 Beauty Resolutions in the comments! Love...


2 comments:

  1. I'm the worst when it comes to hording makeup. I just can't bring myself to part with anything. I may need it one day, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you. I never know when I might need that lipstick I haven't worn in three years 😂. Thanks for reading xo

      Delete