A Reflexion On 2015

As 2015 comes to an end I thought it would be a good time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next. I feel like so much has happened but at the same time nothing has, if that makes any sense at all. 2015 has certainly been a big year here on Perfect Peonies and I hope 2016 is even better. Over the past year I feel like I have achieved so much in my 'blogging life' and I am so happy Perfect Peonies keeps growing as well as it is and that I still love doing this 'blogging' thing so much, it really is my happy place. If you want to hear me ramble more about this then read This Post from Perfect Peonies first birthday. In short I have got to work with some amazing brands and companies while doing what I love and I am so grateful for that. January feels like a whole world away now but at the same time only like yesterday, I can't believe it's almost the New Year again already. Back in the spring my family came and visited us here in DC and it was lovely to spend a week or so showing them around and just spending time together. We also had a really nice vacation to Mexico in August as a family and it felt a little like it could be one of the last times were all together not at home, as me any my sister both grow up. Last week I also turned 18 meaning I am now an adult (in fact I am writing this on my birthday and it feels oh so weird) and honestly I don't feel like I am ready to be. It is only in the past few months that I have decided what I want to do with the next few years of my life with Uni ect, so I certainly don't feel settled or ready for what 2016 has to bring but I am excited nonetheless. I am hoping over the next year I can get finished with school early and start blogging full time, at least for a few months before I get a job. I have decided to take a gap year before uni, partially because I was unsure of what to do but it will also give me a great chance to feel out blogging full time which should be really fun. I have never made my hobby a job before, so we will see how that goes. If any full time bloggers have any tips do let me know. I have also dabbled with the idea of starting a youtube channel. I love watching youtube beauty videos and am thinking why not make my own, I am still rather hesitant but never say never. Of course the big change in 2016 will be moving back to the UK, for those who don't know I have been living in the US for the past three years. It's only a matter of weeks now until we move and I have to admit I am really sad about it. I now feel at home here and there are so many things I will miss but I am excited to be back home and around all of my family again, and who knows I may end up back here some day. Reading this back through I realize this really is a post for me to get things of my chest and well 'reflect' but I hope you have enjoyed it anyway. I would love it if in the comments you would tell me your dreams for 2016. Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment