A Mask For Everyone & Anyone

Masks have to be my favorite skincare item. They take me back to a time when I was little and I begged my mum to buy those little sachets in the supermarkets of bright pink or sludgy grey 'treatment masks'. Now that I think about it they were probably full of nastiness and bad for you ingredients. Masks to me just feel a little indulgent, you put them on and can sit back relax even for just five minuets. They are also a great treatment for your skin giving a real boost and special treatment. Today I thought I would share a few of my favorites by category, and trust me there will be one in here for you and every skin concern.

Exfoliating &Masks- Being a dry skinned girl I like to skip the clay masks and go straight for the more exfoliating version to clear up any uneven skin, blemishes, and congestion in the skin. My favorite has to be the Tula Exfoliating Treatment Mask, I have spoken about this time and time again. I just love it so much, it exfoliates without striping the skin, rids every little blackhead and makes your skin feel like a baby's you no where. The Diana Ralys Jojoba Exfoliant is a scrub come mask, and perfect for sensitive skin. It has the texture of a scrub but you leave it on the skin for up to five minuets, making it a mask in my book. It is grainy but great for sensitive and dry skin because of the jojoba beads which burst and hydrate the skin. One thing to bear in mind is that this contains essential oils, so if your prone to breakouts it may be one to avoid. If a peel is more of your thing when it comes to exfoliating then the REN Wake Wonderful Night-Time Facial could be for you (Read full review HERE). Another favorite peel of mine is the Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel, again this is more of a treatment than mask but, hey who cares. You simply apply wait a few moments and remove, it clears all dead skin cells and leaves you with fresh 'new' skin.

Brightening Masks- Glowing skin is healthy looking skin and you can get that perfect complexion with a brightening mask. The Osea White Algae Mask brightens and hydrates making it a great one for dry skin. While the Boscia Luminizing Black Peeling Mask brightens while ridding congestion in the skin. This one is incredibly black making it look a little scary but you apply it, leave it on till it's dry, usually at least 30 minuets and then peel it of. It removes all of your impurities and you can kind of see it happening which is strangely rather satisfying.

Hydrating Masks- Having dehydrated skin a moisturizing mask is one of my favorites. The La Prairie Luxe Sleep Mask is a hydrating, anti-aging, plumping, and brightening mask. It is incredibly luxurious and makes your skin feel amazing and helps promote long term firmness and hydration. It's a real luxe treat for the skin and I love using it when I am having a real pamper. A cheaper alternative is the Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask, this is similar but not as rich feeling. It's great at hydrating and banishing dry and dull skin but doesn't have the anti-aging or plumping properties like the La Prairie one. For more of a gel formula I love the Eve Lom Moisture Mask, it feels very light on the skin but deeply hydrates and never feels sticky or heavy. Another great gel formula is the Skin Inc Pure Deep Sea Hydrating Mask. This is a little less hydrating than the Eve Lom version but I love using it after the matching peel to hit a bit of moisture back into the skin.

What are your favorite masks? Let me know in the comments. Love...

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try the Boscia one. Such a cool concept. I really enjoy the Pai Skincare and Caudalie masks lately.
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I have never tried anything from Pai, I must!

      Thanks for reading ❤️

      Delete