Micellar Waters

Micellar Waters have blown up on the beauty market in the past couple of years and here's why you need to try them now!

I can be pretty lazy when it comes to cleansing so Micellar Waters are real saviors when its late at night and all I want to do is go to bed. I have tried what feels like hundreds from the big guy himself, Bioderma to ones that cost only a few dollars. They are basically cleansers that are incredibly gentle on the skin, that remove even waterproof makeup effectively and require no rinsing. I think they are great to use on occasion for makeup removal and cleansing but I generally still like to cleanse after removing my makeup. They are actually also great to 'freshen' up your skin after a workout or first thing in the morning if you don't like to fully cleanse too many times a day. I am currently using the new Micellar Water by Simple and this L'Oreal Micellar water that is only available for purchase in the UK. They are both very gentle on the skin and eyes but I find the Simple one the most gentle of the two, saying that I do find it doesn't remove mascara as well as L'Oreal's offering. I have sensitive and dry to normal skin and I haven't ever found a Micellar Water that has irritated it before, as a rule they are all pretty gentle. All you have to do is squeeze some on a cotton round and wipe all over your face, if you are wearing makeup you may need a few pads. I also think a small bottle would be great for a weekend get away, you know when you can't be bothered to pack your whole skincare routine including the kitchen sink... Another thing to note is that all Micellar Waters differ slightly in their ingredients, fragrance and benefits, it's all about trial and error to find the best one for you. Now I know as I have mentioned it some of you may be wondering what are my thoughts on other Micellar Waters compared to Bioderma? I must say Bioderma is still my favorite and it is now easily available here in the US through Beautylish so I will continue to purchase it, in terms of comparison I think many alternatives are very close runner ups and can be considerably cheaper so I believe they are just as good. What are you thought on Micellar Waters? Do you have an particular favorites? Let me know in the comments. Love...


P.S. Can I just mention I have been using this background a lot in photo's recently so sorry if it is getting boring, but big thanks to my parents for letting me steal their bathroom on a daily basis!

2 comments:

  1. I've got the l'oreal one and I think it's amazing! I love the layout and design of your blog it's so simplistic yet gorgeous.
    Charlotte xx
    www.charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete