Chanel CC Cream

Happy Monday everyone and happy June! I am back again today with another base review. I have been trying out the Chanel CC Cream now for a few weeks so I think its safe to say I have formed a pretty good opinion on it. So lets start by mentioning what it claims to do and what it includes ingredients wise. It is a five in one product that is a fusion of skincare and long-wearing makeup, it helps correct, soothe, moisturize, protect and perfect the complexion. New to CC CREAM, broad-spectrum SPF 50 and anti-pollutant ingredients help fend off age-accelerating UVA-UVB rays and free-radical damage.
So basically Chanel are saying this is everything in a bottle and I think they just might be right. A complex of peach extract reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing the skin for complete correction. Skin is soothed by natural marine extract. Hyaluronic acid helps maintain optimum hydration levels all day long by retaining moisture inside the skin. Broad Spectrum SPF 50 effectively blocks UVA-UVB rays for ultimate protection. Lastly it perfects by reducing the appearance of redness, dark spots, and blemishes for a visibly fresh and natural complexion. Chanel also says this can be used alone or as a primer but for a CC cream I think it really packs a punch in the coverage department. I can get a good medium coverage out of this and what I love is that it never looks cakey or over done, it looks just like skin. One thing that definatly needs a mention is the SPF 50, I think a SPF that high in a base product is one, pretty much unheard off and two, AHHHHMAZING! Come summer I am constantly forgetting to put my SPF on under makeup and I love that it is built in here for me. Now it is a little on the pricey side at $55, Wowza! For this reason I do only use it on days I know I am going to be out in the sun, you get 30ml and I feel like I could run out rather quickly. It has the most beautiful finish that I think would actually work with a lot of skin types, it defiantly has a glow but at the same time has a very skin like almost satin finish. For my dry to normal skin I find I don't need to powder it, take today for instance I went out for luch in Georgetown and I was sweating up a storm (it was 100 out, ewww) I went into the ladies expecting to be a oily mess and fretting that I didn't powder but I didn't look any different than when I had left the house that morning (maybe a little red, darn you clown cheeks!). It has now been on my skin for around eight hours and it is still going strong, Chanel don't lie when they say its long lasting. I think this is highly unusual for a CC/BB/Tinted Moisturizer type of product, when wearing a light or dewy base I find that they don't always stay put but this is definitely an exception. The packageing isn't the most luxuoris but it is pratical and great for taking on your summer vacation. As I am reading back through this I realize I have been going on for a long time so I am going to wrap this up. All in all I would say if you want something with a light to medium coverage that has some serious sun protection then this is your guy, it is pricey but think of it as a investment for your skin. Thank you to all who read to the end of this, have you got any CC/BB/Tinted Moisturizer recommendations? Leave them in the comments, Love... 

2 comments:

  1. Ok I need this CC Cream asap! It sounds like it has everything I'm looking for in a base, I'm currently using the Nars Tinted Moisturiser and I love it though you can never have enough bases (cause I''m all about the base! Sorry had to haha)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Clair your comment totally just made my Monday morning! You truly do need it it's incredible and the SPF is a real selling point for me personally. I am also a base addict, I think they are my favorite thing to buy (well lipsticks, blushes, and eyeshadows too...) I haven't tried the Nars Tinted moisturizer, that shall be my next purchase!

      Delete