30 Beauty Questions


Over the past few months Perfect Peonies has really been growing and I couldn't be happier about that! So today I thought I would do a sort of 'tag' post and answer a few beauty related questions so you can all get to know the beauty side of myself more. There are 30 questions so I better get started...

1.) Do you remember your first makeup item?
I feel like it was probably some glittery, frosty lip gloss I got free in some cheap magazine. But if we are talking about what I first brought then maybe a Rimmel London mascara? 
2.) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
A mixture of a plastic spiky brush and a volumizing fiber brush, I don't think that exists but two of my favorite mascaras are Dior Addict It lash and L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara. 
3.) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundations?
Sheer to Medium coverage is defiantly my thing. I am lucky in that I have never had a lot of blemishes but I do have some redness. I prefer a sheer base and then using a good concealer where I need it. If I am going out in the evening I go for something with a medium coverage. 
4.) Favorite high-end brand?
This is hard, I have quite a few favorite brands. If I had to pick one I think it would be Nars, they have a good range of bases, concealers, amazing blushes, good bronzers, and great picks for the lips and eyes.  
5.) What cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Makeup Geek, I really need to try the eye shadows!
6.) Favorite drugstore brand?
Colourpop Cosmetics? They are technically not drugstore but they are in the price range. The lip products are beautiful and the eyeshadows pigmented, not to mention the new highlighters.... Ahhh dreamy! 
7.) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Not very often and really only on special occasions and then I generally only wear individual lashes.
8.) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Not really, I feel ok going out without makeup, maybe lip balm? 
9.) What is your most cherished beauty product?
Maybe my Chanel lip gloss in a pretty pink shade, I wear it all of the time. 
10.) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up one item at a time here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Defiantly little bits here and there unless I have a lot of money for some reason (this never happens) or if there is a sale. 
11.) Do you have a “beauty budget” or spend freely?
I don't really 'budget' per say, I just spend what I can afford to on beauty. 
12.) Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I am all about my Sephora VIB card but other than that no not really. I don't think there are ever very good coupons for cosmetics. If I am shopping online then I might look for a code. 
13.) What type of products do you purchase the most?
It differs by what mood I am in but right now bases, blushes, and lip products.
14.) Is there any brand you absolutely can’t stand?
I don't think there is a brand which I hate that badly but maybe covergirl? I have never really found anything I like by them.  
15.) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
It's great if products don't include them but I don't go out of my way to avoid them. 
16.) Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
SEPHORA! It is my holy land!!! 
17.) Do you like trying new skin care products or of you keep a certain routine?
I love trying new products, I believe you could always be missing out on something better so why not try everything! 
18.) Favorite bath and body brand?
L'occitane? I love their shower oil and hand creams!
19.) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
A side from Nars maybe Hourglass... As long as I didn't actually have to pay for it. 
20.) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Hourglass or Chanel. Chanel is just very iconic while Hourglass have the lovely bronze and gold colors.
21.) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Blake Lively always look flawless! I love her with a red lip and winged liner. Ahhh she is just perfection. 
22.) Do you belong to any makeup communities?
Yes, I have just become a contributor to GlossyFinds! GlossyFinds is a great place to read tutorials and hear about the latest products! 
23.) Favorite beauty gurus?
I have a real hate for the word 'Guru' so I am going to say bloggers/youtubers. I love reading Lilly Pebbles blog and watching her videos, I also have been loving watching KathleenLights recently. 
24.) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
In theory yes but I find they are never actually great. 
25.) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I can be but mainly I can stay pretty neat. 
26.) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Sometimes, if I do it's the Urban Decay original primer potion. 
27.) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
2-3, Bumble and bumble invisible oil primer and pret-a-powder and then maybe some Batiste dry shampoo. If I am washing my hair then maybe more. 
28.) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation, I don't get the applying concealer first, does it not just move about? 
29.) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I don't think so. I think makeup is an individual thing that anyone can do, it's all personal preference. 
30.) What do you love about makeup?
That it instantly makes me feel pretty, I like to think that I am beautiful without it too but I love feeling like I can rule the world and conquer anything when I wear it. It makes me feel like an individual, and I love that I can express how I feel with it.  
So there you have my answers to them all. I now want you to answers these and link your blogs below so i can read them! I can't wait to hear you answers. Love... 


2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers. Make-up is so great and I agree with what you said about it. We don't need it but it can definitely boost our confidence. I really wish there was a Sephora where I live, it's heaven! haha.
    P.s you look gorgeous in the picture, really love your lipstick.

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is such a lovely comment! The lipstick is Maybeline Vivid in vibrant mandarin incase you are wondering! Sephora is amazing! 💕

      Delete