Oscars Inspired Makeup- Margot Robbie

Oscars night last Sunday brought out some beautiful gowns and makeup but I absolutely loved Margot Robbie's look. Her Saint Lauren gown was simple but elegant and her bold lip was beautiful. When it came to me recreating this look it was trickier than I thought it would be, in some lights her lipstick looked very orange and in others it look like a bold true red. So that being said a few alterations have been made here and there.

So I began by priming my skin with Stila's one step correct, I then buffed Rimmel London's match perfection foundation in with the Bobbi Brown full coverage face brush. I concealed my under eyes with Laura Mercier's dark circle concealer. I felt like she didn't have to much going on with the face, so I just added a little powder and some Nars Laguna bronzer.

I then moved on to the eyes where I used L'Oreal's pressed pigment in amber rush all over my lid and under the bottom lash line quite heavily. On my lid I focused it mainly towards my lash line. Margot had a little liner on I think so I lined a thin line on my upper lash line with the Kat Von D tattoo liner, but it would also work great if you just pressed a little black gel liner in to the lash line instead. I then applied lot's of the Maybelline lash sensational mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
To finish off the look I used Maybelline colorsensational vibrant mandarin lipstick, it has a satin finish so I set it with a little makeup forever translucent powder to matte it down. I was a little unsure about the lip as I said but I have now found out she was wearing Hourglasses opaque rouge liquid lipstick in Raven which is a very similar orange red color to vibrant mandarin.  Love...

2 comments:

  1. I love this look, I honestly think it suits you very well :) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete